View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 02:41 PM   #10
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
>but if the government won't do nothing to stop it then let him have his money.

You honestly believe you should be able to enjoy the fruits of your crime if the police don't catch you until after you've committed them? If I rob your house I should get to keep everything if they don't catch me until the the next day? This man broke the law every day for 11 years, he's a piece of trash and should forfeit everything he has and be sent penniless back to his home country.
Your example doesn't fit the situation, Joe. The money was the fruit of 11 years of labor. The fruit of his crime, as you put it, was having a job to begin with. This man did not steal money from someone else's pocket. He was paid for services rendered.

If I were the authority over this situation, this would be my response. I would explain to the man that he must leave the country now and not come back without going through the proper legal channels. I would tell him that he can have his money in exchange for a detailed list of what employers he worked for over the 11 years. I would then deport him and his money. Finally, I would prosecute his employers for hiring illegal aliens (a crime you seem to be ignoring).