View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #15
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
A red jacket, according to the law, means nothing. I can throw a red jacket on any dog I want, so obviously a red jacket is not the "only recognition that they are service dogs," since state law requires actual documentation.

>And Yes Joe there are dogs who can detect astha attacks before they occur, seizures before they occur, monitor diabetic patients, etc.

I don't doubt that, but are those dogs covered by the law? not as I see it written. Has any court recognized asthma as a physical disability? I'm not aware of any.

>The dogs are obviously brighter than you and the security guard due to their wide raning sensory abilities

I can't speak for the security guard, but I'm really, really smart. Any animal that has both a great sense of smell and the desire to eat its own feces is not very smart.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote