View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #7
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Oh I dont know about this. Yeah, agreed, the yards look much better with the trashbins removed from the curbside, but a fine? Seems a bit draconian, doesnt it? If the trashbin at our place isnt put away that day or the next, its because my wife and I are too damn busy during the workweek and we simply havent gotten around to it yet, thats all. No need to call in the yard gestapo!
I'm not trying to argue here but there is a limit on leaving the can out by the curb. I say the first night you can get away with it but after that time to pick it up. Most of the time they smell (heck it's a garbage can) I know when I lived in Bossier you were sent a letter from the HOA if you left your can out on the side of the house. It had to be put in the back of the house or in the garage. Most people don't like rules and feel that they should be able to do what they want to do if they live there, well if you are in a sub w/ an HOA, you can't thats what you pay dues for.

I have lived both in the country and in the city and with hoa rules and non-hoa rules. I personally love the HOA RULES! No boats, broken down cars in the front yards, rules on how out of control your garden can get, how dirty your house and roof can be etc. I live by those rules now and have been warned just recently. I pay 125.00/month to live here as does everyone else they just want to keep the community looking good and I'm all for it.