View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #26
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soul
My youngest child (elementary school age) likes to try on different ethnicities. She was asian for the longest time. My husband went out and bought her all these silk asian outfits, took her out for asian food often. Bought her tapes to learn asian language. She's no longer asian, she is currently spanish. So as you can imagine, we're having to dine on lots of mexican food lately. (the margarittas are good though,lol) She has new clothes with a latin flair to them. Spanish language tapes. Latin music. LOL.

Laugh if you want, but guess who gets all A's in social studies?
Oh! I wouldn't dream of laughing. Kids need some culture in their lives. It gives them something to compare their own culture to and helps them to relate to people that are different. Not to mention that other cultures can be fascinating. I like Asian culture myself (obviously ). I can speak enough Japanese to lose most people. And I must admit, women do look great in kimonos.

I spent 6 months in Europe a few years ago and you'll see some great things over there. I've been to Italy, Spain, Greece, France, and Turkey.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote