View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 06:04 AM   #23
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Cool, but why is the frame so tall?

Inline frames also don't apply the stylesheets of the parent page. If you're using a universal template on your site to maintain an overall consistant appearance, you must link your stylesheets manually to each individual module which makes updating a pain if you ever want to change stylesheets. If you use an include() function, which aren't THAT complicated, they will carry the same stylesheet info as if they were originally part of the page.

Negative, most CMS's are built to do this with relative ease utilizing a Theme system. While I have absolutely no control over the content displayed within the iframe (because it's another website), all of my modules/blocks (with the exception of 1*) will change appearance accordingly with the theme I choose.

For instance, with the click of a button and by changing an #FFFFFF to a #000000 I have changed the entire look of my website (I am assuming you've seen it before). This is a feature I can enable for registered users too, but since I don't know how to edit flash, some of the themes are incomplete, therefore I disabled it.

I don't suppose YOU know how to edit flash or have software to do so, huh?

*I do have 1 block on my site immediately below my first story which displays my BOINC signature and another random block....and I do indeed have to manually change the background color in one file to make it match the current theme, whatever color it may be.

BTW, the height of the iframe is a variable
height = \"2000px\"
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote