View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #16
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 262 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
I understand your problems completely. Try displaying html within php if you want some real fun. More often then I care to admit I have to scrap ideas because getting it to look just right between php, Firefox and IE is just beyond my capability.
Oh? You think THAT'S fun?! Try running HTML data that includes Javascript or AJAX functions through a PHP page using dynamic data! Those little backslashes you use to escape quotes and apostrophes don't work quite the same way when you're feeding an echo or print function both HTML and Javascript code!

Like this:
PHP Code:
<?php
$data
="This is some 'tricky' data!" // Data that includes apostrophes
print("<A HREF=\"#\" onclick=\"jsfunction('$data')\">Javascript Link</A>");
?>
Can you see where this script would make even R2D2 throw up? Now THAT, my friend, is one that'll make you wanna scrap a project.

Try to imagine doing all of that AND making both browsers conform to both appearance and script functionality. CSS helps relieve some of the appearance issue, but the functionality issue is a pain, nonetheless.