View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
This country has created a welfare system that rewards having children parents can't afford, and the less you do the more entitlements you recieve.
You know, there was another website forum a while back that discussed a related topic to that. The forum was discussing a controversial government program idea.

This voluntary program involves social services taking note of a child's existance as soon as the doctor confirms the pregnancy (like a prebirth registration). Social services would then examine the parents' financial status and living arrangements (all of this voluntary). If the parents' lifestyle is considered unsatisfactory, then social services would point them to various means of improving their lifestyle prior to the child's birth (financial counseling, home loan programs, etc.). This would help create decent homes for the children upon their birth. Parents who actively participated in this program would have access to welfare should the need arise. Reverserly, parents who chose NOT to accept the help of social services would have trouble getting welfare. This is suppose to help reduce the people who abuse the system in this way and motivate people to take part in the various programs that our tax money pays for.

I don't know what my position on this idea is, but I'd be interested to see how it would work out.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote