View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #10
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
This reminds me of that story about this young boy that was eaten by a monstrous 300 lb yellow catfish while divin in some Texas lake back in the late 50's. Probably an urban legend...but then again, it might not be. Even if it is just a tale, there are alot of other beasties in these lakes that can and will try to make a meal out of a human. I have a few phobias, and one of the worst is that I dont like swimmin in murky water, not bein able to see what's under me. When we were kids, my folks would take us out to waterski on Lake O' The Pines and Bistineau. I was never very good at stayin upright, and when I'd invariably fall, there I'd be...floatin in the water waitin for my dad to bring the boat back around...and somethin would touch my feet or legs and I'd freak.
Been there done that. Sounds like a "Wampas Cat", they are indigenous to La. waters particularly Cypress Swamps. Very scary!!!!
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote