View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 12:00 AM   #7
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
RHertz, first, I applaud you for exercising your God-given Second Amendment right. Owning guns is an important and essential part of your American heritage. In fact, the right to own guns, perhaps more than anything else, is what makes Americans unique among the many peoples of the world and sets us apart...and you need not be a "gun person" to recognize the incredible utility of one of the greatest tools ever invented. The revolver design predates the autopistol, but not by much. Some of the earliest autos, such as the Borchardt, date from the late 1800's. I've owned many autos in my time, and can assure you that they are extremely user-friendly. Being a gun enthusiast, I'm familiar with the Colt Diamondback. Basically the mirror image of the vaunted Python, the only difference being that the Python was chambered for the .357 magnum cartridge, which means it can also digest that .38 special ammo your Diamondback fires (important safety note: attempting to fire .357 magnum ammunition in a gun chambered for .38 special will result in damage to the gun and worse, severe or fatal injury to the user). You probably already knew this, but I would've been remiss in not re-stating this fact. In any case, your well-maintained Diamondback is a fine revolver that will only appreciate in value. Fine firearms, and even some of the cheaper examples, have an intrinsic worth on a par with gold or other precious commodities.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-17-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote