View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #19
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I have already demonstrated the relevance of the majority. Even if the chances are slim, it is possible that a genius could be a moron and a moron could be a genius. Almost anything is possible. But what makes a genius a genius is the number of people who think he/she is smart. Likewise a moron is created by the number of people who think he/she is dumb. The majority defines your life for everyone (except yourself) which is what inescapably binds you to society. What makes the color red is the number of people who call something red.
I hate to burst your bubble there, Einstein, but the number of people who believe someone to be a genius is irrelevant. Accomplishments and scores on standardized tests determine whether or not someone is a genius.

And the Dictionary supports my statement as well:

b: extraordinary intellectual power especially as manifested in creative activity c: a person endowed with transcendent mental superiority; especially : a person with a very high IQ

BTW, if every christian on the planet suddenly decided the sky was red.....it STILL would not be red. Colors are what they are, man has done nothing but label them because "red" is easier to say than the color that resembles the coals in the bottom of a fire.

Quote:
But the reason for my post this time is to demonstrate how the scientific community is in many ways the ultimate Democracy. Hundreds of scientists investigate a particular issue through hypothesis and experimentation. Then all in the science community cast their vote by taking sides with the various camps that believe one theory over another. Newer discoveries displace older ones that were "fact" once upon a time, but get upgraded as new information is uncovered. Over time, the scientific community gets smarter but at any instance, everything they know is wrong - that is, everything they know is destined to grow and be upgraded to the next step of understanding.
Look up the term "Scientific Law", then learn the difference between fact and theory and get back to me.

You see, Gravity is a Scientific Law while there are only theories explaining it's cause.

Quote:
The Word of God is one thing that I can count on because it hasn't been upgraded but twice in thousands of years. That fact alone is testament to its longevity and relevance in society. Compare that to scientific software manuals that need upgrading with every new version making the old information irrelevant.
Did you not just tell me on another thread that the Author of the book of Genesis must have witnessed the "miracle" even though the story clearly states the creation of Earth and the heavens took place prior to the creation of man?

...and you have the audacity to say the Bible is unchanging
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote