View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 07:52 AM   #79
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
As I said, spousal abuse is unconscionably criminal! As Scarlett said, the abused spouse can report the servicemember to the chain-o-command, the local police, or both. Perhaps the most effective thing the military could do to reduce the incidence of spousal abuse would be to honestly explain the inherent incompatibility of military service with family stability to potential recruits. It might go something like this at the recruiter's office...

recruiter:"so, you're thinking about joining the service?"
potential recruit: "yeah..Im looking for a life of adventure!"
recruiter: "are you married?"
potential recruit: "why yes, I am."
recruiter: "wanna stay that way?"
potential recruit: "...uh..."
recruiter: "come back and see us when you're single again."
Amen! I however don't see recruiters being that honest. They will say anything to get a recruit which is what I witnessed. I don't see the situation changing at all within the military which is sad. I know I would be greatly sadden if my daughter wanted to marry someone in the military. So far she has military personnel, dentists, police officers, and truck drivers off her lists!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote