View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 09:26 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug
for future record - FOX news should never be considered a "source" for news - instead the title should be "the propaganda channel."
I tend to agree, however the same can be said of CNN and even most local news sources. I think that many times, the newspaper or tv reporters have their story and minds already made up already, then they go out and "report the story". Sometimes the facts get distorted or even misreported.

I rarely see pure true jouralistic news anymore. Most news today is entertainment news (like much of what we see on FOX) I learned this many years ago............

Nearly 20 years ago I was driving down Lakeshore Dr and witnessed an accident near Cross Lake. Short story was that their was a victim that I helped drag to safety out of the water, but I didn't perform CPR and we all (all the witnesses and crowd that gathered) just stood around scratching our heads until the EMS showed up. Fortunately the victim didn't drown and had no serious injuries. About that time the news reporters show up and interviewed me. Next thing I know they called me a hero and put my picture on the front page of the paper. I kept saying, I'm no hero, I'm an ignorant coward for not performing CPR. But that just made them say "Oh he's a humble hero". Jeez, all I did was drag a person 20 feet and get my legs a little wet. But the news media wanted a hero to make story out of, for a day..... So I had my day of glory, deserved or not. LOL
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote