View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
He may have been here illegal but the government let him stay for 11 years. He should have sent the money home little at a time. I am all for not letting illegals in but if the government won't do nothing to stop it then let him have his money.
I agree. The man has been here for 11 years already and the government waited until he was leaving to catching him? That is bullsh*t! Let him have his money and let that be a lesson to our government. If illegals are such a problem, catch them as they enter, not as they're leaving.

If the man did pay taxes on the money, then that's all the more reason he should have it. To me, it just looks like the government waited so they could shaft him at the worst possible moment.

Who knows? In his position, coming up in a poor community with almost no work, I probably would've tried what he did too. If a man can't make an honest living, he will try to make a dishonest one. That's a sad fact life that I imagine motivates many of these illegal aliens who come here looking for work. Having all of my hard-earned money taken away, I would also probably feel the same way he is feeling right now. I would feel that America was robbing me.

Again, I am not saying we should open our doors and let the illegal aliens in. They need to be legal to work here. However, catching them as they leave is @$$ backwards and typical for our mixed up, incompetent government.