Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Historic Photos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 11:13 PM   #1
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 188 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Ol' Douglas Bamburg reveals a little something

LOL don't know that it means ANYTHING.. but our favorite poster of photos has revealed a little something... on the description of his Historic Photos group, he's quoting a little Grateful Dead

LOL maybe he's a Deadhead

Thanks again for all the great photos !! I love browsing through those pics.


Quote:
Don't tell me this town aint got no heart...when I can hear it beat out loud.
Love is shakin' down on shakedown street

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran
 
rhertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,834
Rep Power: 214 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
LOL don't know that it means ANYTHING.. but our favorite poster of photos has revealed a little something... on the description of his Historic Photos group, he's quoting a little Grateful Dead

LOL maybe he's a Deadhead

Thanks again for all the great photos !! I love browsing through those pics.
You mean Sal?? Yeah, he's cool for posting the history pics... I have posted ONE so far! LOL, I'm in second place!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
salguodgrubmab
Advanced Member
 
salguodgrubmab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 92
Rep Power: 0 salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough
Busted! I feel like the freshman senator from Louisiana. My dirty little secret is out. Went to my first Dead show in 1980, just curious to see what "the gawd-awful Grateful Dead" were all about. Boulder, Co. Hey man, drink this. What is it? Just drink it, man. About fifteen minutes later, hey what did I drink? Electric Mai-Tai, man. The "I" disappeared and became part of 'It". Those lofty notes have been part of my soundtrack ever since.
salguodgrubmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 188 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by salguodgrubmab
Busted! I feel like the freshman senator from Louisiana. My dirty little secret is out. Went to my first Dead show in 1980, just curious to see what "the gawd-awful Grateful Dead" were all about. Boulder, Co. Hey man, drink this. What is it? Just drink it, man. About fifteen minutes later, hey what did I drink? Electric Mai-Tai, man. The "I" disappeared and became part of 'It". Those lofty notes have been part of my soundtrack ever since.
Cool. been a fan of the dead since I was a little kid.. as a kid, it was all the great "stories" that the songs told that I enjoyed, later on thought the music was great. Saw my first Dead show around '86 or '87.

I still miss Jerry.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #5
salguodgrubmab
Advanced Member
 
salguodgrubmab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 92
Rep Power: 0 salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough
In '87 a friend of mine knew a guy in Toledo who was "on the bus", so we caught the Amtrack, and headed north. We had rather insignificant funds so we buried a buck in one of those Grolsch beer bottles with the cork in the yard of the Marshall depot. Met up with him and drove to Detroit for a show at Joe Lewis. We decided to pool our cash and make shirts to sell on the lot because he knew a guy at a silk screen shop who would let us use his facility. After buying the tees and ink we had, to the penny, enough money for gas to Chicago, the ten dollar camping fee on the Horizon's parking lot, and one 12pk of Busch beer. We took the shirts, which were a tie-dye stealie on the front and the definition of GD lifted from the book Playin In The Band on the back and fanned out. We sold them for ten and made quite a bit. Mostly though we could now purchase something to eat as we hadn't eaten in a while. A bagel with cream cheese a cucumber slice and beansprouts. Ummm. Have not had one since but at the time it was the best thing on the planet. Anyway, we were able to get tickets and pay camp fees for all three nights in Chicago '87. We bought two hard rolls and four slices of salami for the train ride back with the rest of our change, and when we got back to Marshall we went looking for that buried buck. I'm glad I'm among friends here. Thanks
salguodgrubmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #6
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 188 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by salguodgrubmab
In '87 a friend of mine knew a guy in Toledo who was "on the bus", so we caught the Amtrack, and headed north. We had rather insignificant funds so we buried a buck in one of those Grolsch beer bottles with the cork in the yard of the Marshall depot. Met up with him and drove to Detroit for a show at Joe Lewis. We decided to pool our cash and make shirts to sell on the lot because he knew a guy at a silk screen shop who would let us use his facility. After buying the tees and ink we had, to the penny, enough money for gas to Chicago, the ten dollar camping fee on the Horizon's parking lot, and one 12pk of Busch beer. We took the shirts, which were a tie-dye stealie on the front and the definition of GD lifted from the book Playin In The Band on the back and fanned out. We sold them for ten and made quite a bit. Mostly though we could now purchase something to eat as we hadn't eaten in a while. A bagel with cream cheese a cucumber slice and beansprouts. Ummm. Have not had one since but at the time it was the best thing on the planet. Anyway, we were able to get tickets and pay camp fees for all three nights in Chicago '87. We bought two hard rolls and four slices of salami for the train ride back with the rest of our change, and when we got back to Marshall we went looking for that buried buck. I'm glad I'm among friends here. Thanks
Nice story there. My brothers, all older than me, had plenty of those stories. going back to early and mid '70's hitch hiking here and there, they saw the Dead at Watkin's Glenn with the Allman Brothers and The Band etc..

My story is nothing of the sort.. me, the wife and friends, drove from shreveport to Dallas and saw them at the Union Arena Stayed in a hotel and drove home the next day

When it comes to the Dead, sometimes I think I was born a decade too late
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com