Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 11:09 AM   #61
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran
 
AnimeSpirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nowhere
Age: 39
Posts: 1,659
Rep Power: 234 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Seriously, Wolf, turn your caps off when you post. If you, by chance, have trouble seeing the text, you can always use a slightly larger font style.

Also, as I may not agree with Isaac's point of view, I'm certainly not rude enough to tell him he is wrong. How different would I be than him then? It's true that Christians once slaughtered us Pagans. But it's also true that the Romans slaughtered Christians during the time of Nero and they made it a sport. In short, we've all had our turn at the chopping block, so there's no point in dredging it up now. ZERO persecution is the goal here, my friends, and I say that to everyone.
__________________
Confuscious says~
AnimeSpirit is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #62
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 50
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I understand your point, however I do not think that if someone drives to a hospital at night and is mugged in a dark alley or parking lot or whatever at midnight, that would be his fault. If he was walking into a bar and he was mugged in an alley or parking lot, I still don't think that would be his fault. Now if he was walking into a crackhouse, then OK, you got me!
One would assume you are heading to the hospital because of an emergency, NOT a frivilious decision like taking the short cut through the dark ally on your way home from the bar.
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #63
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 50
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Seriously, Wolf, turn your caps off when you post. If you, by chance, have trouble seeing the text, you can always use a slightly larger font style.

Also, as I may not agree with Isaac's point of view, I'm certainly not rude enough to tell him he is wrong. How different would I be than him then? It's true that Christians once slaughtered us Pagans. But it's also true that the Romans slaughtered Christians during the time of Nero and they made it a sport. In short, we've all had our turn at the chopping block, so there's no point in dredging it up now. ZERO persecution is the goal here, my friends, and I say that to everyone.

You're also not man enough to stand up for and defend your own beliefs. Are we supposed to be surprised you wouldn't tell another individual they're unfounded beliefs are wrong?
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #64
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran
 
AnimeSpirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nowhere
Age: 39
Posts: 1,659
Rep Power: 234 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
You're also not man enough to stand up for and defend your own beliefs. Are we supposed to be surprised you wouldn't tell another individual they're unfounded beliefs are wrong?
It's not a question of being man enough to defend my beliefs. Of course I am! However, for what purpose do I need to defend my beliefs here? Is anyone attacking them?
__________________
Confuscious says~
AnimeSpirit is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #65
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 50
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
It's not a question of being man enough to defend my beliefs. Of course I am! However, for what purpose do I need to defend my beliefs here? Is anyone attacking them?
You mean besides every time a christian tells you your polytheistic beliefs are wrong and I tell you belief in imaginary beings is wrong?

tough call seeing as how you won't express your opinions on religion unless asked a direct question....and that's assuming you don't just choose to "turn the other cheek" like normal.
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #66
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran
 
AnimeSpirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nowhere
Age: 39
Posts: 1,659
Rep Power: 234 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Oh, alright.......I disagree! Are you happy now? I defended my beliefs.

Seriously though, if you want to know what my beliefs are, just ask. But I'm not gonna discuss it in a Christianity thread, very rude. If you want to PM me with questions or jump to another thread, by all means.

The idea is this, Brain. Pagans and their related traditions do NOT discuss religion unless prompted. Why? Because such discussion may be controversial to people who do not share the same beliefs. It's just good manners. It's an act of respect for those of different beliefs, despite what our opinions of them are.

Now, if someone comes to this board to put Pagans down and actively criticize our ways, then I will likely step forward. However, I'm not about to stick my nose into debate that doesn't concern me (i.e. Atheist vs. Christians).

And finally, the implications you make that I'm immature for not standing up for my beliefs do not concern me at all. I do not care what you consider "manly." This is absolute.
__________________
Confuscious says~
AnimeSpirit is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #67
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 50
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Oh, alright.......I disagree! Are you happy now? I defended my beliefs.
Saying I disagree isn't defending your beliefs. It's merely an indication that you "disagree" not WHY you disagree.

Quote:
Seriously though, if you want to know what my beliefs are, just ask. But I'm not gonna discuss it in a Christianity thread, very rude. If you want to PM me with questions or jump to another thread, by all means.
I'm not asking you to share your beliefs, I'm indicating your glaringly obvious desire to avoid religious conversations, with christian, at all cost.

Quote:
The idea is this, Brain. Pagans and their related traditions do NOT discuss religion unless prompted. Why? Because such discussion may be controversial to people who do not share the same beliefs. It's just good manners. It's a act of respect for those of different beliefs, despite what our opinions of them are.
Yeah, just like the coward turns the other check because some other liberal-ass coward told him it's the right thing to do. Don't stand up for yourself, someone might get offended.

Nice try kid, but it's like Scarletts' signature. I'd rather be hated for what I am then liked for what I am not.....Do you understand what that means?

I'd rather be hated for NOT being a christian than liked because I didn't state otherwise....which is exactly what you do unless directly questioned about your specific religious beliefs.
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #68
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 50
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Now, if someone comes to this board to put Pagans down and actively criticize our ways, then I will likely step forward. However, I'm not about to stick my nose into debate that doesn't concern me (i.e. Atheist vs. Christians).
I don't seem to recall you piping up when Isaac was calling anyone who supported separation of church and state, THE VERY FIRST AMENDMENT, a Socialist.....but I DO recall your "turning the other cheek" comments.

Feel free to point me in the direction of the thread where you did anything more than disagree with Isaac and I'll be more than happy to take that into consideration....until then, I can only go by what I have witnessed NUMEROUS times in the last 3 months.
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 05-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #69
sbl_admin
Administrator
 
sbl_admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Shreveport, LA
Posts: 1,965
Rep Power: 233 sbl_admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
This topic has run its course and is now closed by SBLive! Administration.
sbl_admin is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com