Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Louisiana Outdoors

Notices

Old 10-12-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Comments on: Long line catfish 26.5 lbs Red River

Reader comments and feedback for the Long line catfish 26.5 lbs Red River photo.
This image is part of the Louisiana Outdoors photo gallery

Live bream for bait and a good net man in the boat and about a 15 min fight.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:46 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I thought catching these guy on a rod was hard to do. This link will take you to the catfish kings.

"HOGGING" WEETOWN STYLE
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1892350868
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Please explain???!!! Were the fish already down there in a trap or something?
Bizarre!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Please explain???!!! Were the fish already down there in a trap or something?
Bizarre!
What they do is sink a hollow log in the water and come back much later and block the back end and stick their hand down his mouth into the throat of the catfish and pull him out with their arm as you can see. It looks like the worst part of it is letting go of the fish in the boat
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #5
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Yep looked like MAJOR hickeys!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:46 PM   #6
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Crazy! Just think of all the other things that could be in that log.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:18 PM   #7
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
My Dumb a$$ did that before and got the $$$$hit bit out of my arm by a Snapping Turtle. I've caught these bad boys in hoop nets and they still will bloody your arm getting them out. Pics to follow.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
When I had a life before kids, I used to scuba dive in the 80's and there used to be a Catfish Rodeo on Lake Bistineau. I'm used to visibility anywhere from 30 ft to 100+ in nice places in the Carabbean. Bistineau is about 2-3 feet! Imagine coming up on a big catfish point blank! That would scare me pretty good.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #9
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
This reminds me of that story about this young boy that was eaten by a monstrous 300 lb yellow catfish while divin in some Texas lake back in the late 50's. Probably an urban legend...but then again, it might not be. Even if it is just a tale, there are alot of other beasties in these lakes that can and will try to make a meal out of a human. I have a few phobias, and one of the worst is that I dont like swimmin in murky water, not bein able to see what's under me. When we were kids, my folks would take us out to waterski on Lake O' The Pines and Bistineau. I was never very good at stayin upright, and when I'd invariably fall, there I'd be...floatin in the water waitin for my dad to bring the boat back around...and somethin would touch my feet or legs and I'd freak.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #10
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
This reminds me of that story about this young boy that was eaten by a monstrous 300 lb yellow catfish while divin in some Texas lake back in the late 50's. Probably an urban legend...but then again, it might not be. Even if it is just a tale, there are alot of other beasties in these lakes that can and will try to make a meal out of a human. I have a few phobias, and one of the worst is that I dont like swimmin in murky water, not bein able to see what's under me. When we were kids, my folks would take us out to waterski on Lake O' The Pines and Bistineau. I was never very good at stayin upright, and when I'd invariably fall, there I'd be...floatin in the water waitin for my dad to bring the boat back around...and somethin would touch my feet or legs and I'd freak.
Been there done that. Sounds like a "Wampas Cat", they are indigenous to La. waters particularly Cypress Swamps. Very scary!!!!
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote