Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
Morpheus
Advanced Member
 
Morpheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 499
Rep Power: 182 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
louisiana proteins

with the good debate on legislating smoking in the health section, i wonder what the general consensus is on louisiana proteins being shut down because it "stinks"?
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 276 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I think this horse has been whipped before. I think Monroe stinks much worse than Shreveport. I must say I would not want that plant near where I live and if they can not keep the smell down then they should move to Monroe where it would not even be noticed.
__________________
Maranatha
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 226 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
with the good debate on legislating smoking in the health section, i wonder what the general consensus is on louisiana proteins being shut down because it "stinks"?
Same as a large chemical plant of some kind.. leaking contaminated water into the water supply, or leaking dangerous chemicals into the air.

Louisiana Protein's STINK was causing me HARM. Can't imagine what it did for the businesses close by.

I suppose the bigger question however.. should the city/state be allowed to "Regulate" such things.. who determines WHAT STINKS ?

I think it's more a matter of whether local businesses or the local public can prove if any damage has been done by being next to that smelly place has caused.. and whether or not it has caused them HARM.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
Morpheus
Advanced Member
 
Morpheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 499
Rep Power: 182 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
but you see my point is that most people think it's okay to legislate business and industry, but not individuals. who has to foot the bill in court? is it the smokers that smoked all of those years? no, it's big tobacco who sold them those "cancer sticks".

I think it's been shown that cigarettes cause harm, and most of us agree that it stinks. So why is it not fair to legislate that?
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 226 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
but you see my point is that most people think it's okay to legislate business and industry, but not individuals. who has to foot the bill in court? is it the smokers that smoked all of those years? no, it's big tobacco who sold them those "cancer sticks".

I think it's been shown that cigarettes cause harm, and most of us agree that it stinks. So why is it not fair to legislate that?


And drinking alcohol kills brain cells etc etc.. Here's the deal.. assuming the tobacco company is up front.. ie COVERED IN WARNINGS that the stuff can cause this and that AND death.. I feel they are covered. You can't claim anymore you didn't know they were bad for you.

So.. who is the government to come between me and my tobacco dealer.
I should be free to enter into an agreement with anyone, any business, to buy their product. Be it, cigarettes, beer, a hooker, a drug dealer etc..
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Morpheus
Advanced Member
 
Morpheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 499
Rep Power: 182 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
And drinking alcohol kills brain cells etc etc.. Here's the deal.. assuming the tobacco company is up front.. ie COVERED IN WARNINGS that the stuff can cause this and that AND death.. I feel they are covered. You can't claim anymore you didn't know they were bad for you.

So.. who is the government to come between me and my tobacco dealer.
I should be free to enter into an agreement with anyone, any business, to buy their product. Be it, cigarettes, beer, a hooker, a drug dealer etc..
That would be fine if down the road on your deathbed you said, "I made my choices and I accept the consequences." But that's not what happens. When it comes to that, the "victim" will scream, "Save Me!". It's the government (taxpayers) that foot the bill.

Louisiana Proteins stinks, but does it really hurt anyone? Why should the government come between them and a paycheck?
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 226 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
That would be fine if down the road on your deathbed you said, "I made my choices and I accept the consequences." But that's not what happens. When it comes to that, the "victim" will scream, "Save Me!". It's the government (taxpayers) that foot the bill.
Not sure I see your point ? If you're talking about medicare and the like, I don't want my money going to pay for all that either.. but as far as that goes, I still don't want the Government going around trying to make us all safe, think I explained why already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Louisiana Proteins stinks, but does it really hurt anyone? Why should the government come between them and a paycheck?
that's what I said.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #8
Morpheus
Advanced Member
 
Morpheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 499
Rep Power: 182 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Not just medicare, but more importantly the millions spent on people who need care who have no insurance of any kind, including medicare and medicaid. Ironically, these same people need care because they have made poor personal choices-like drugs, alcohol, smoking, and generally leading unhealthy high risk lifestyles.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 226 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Not just medicare, but more importantly the millions spent on people who need care who have no insurance of any kind, including medicare and medicaid. Ironically, these same people need care because they have made poor personal choices-like drugs, alcohol, smoking, and generally leading unhealthy high risk lifestyles.

I hear where you are coming from.. but then at what point does the government start telling us WHAT TO EAT ? Some people don't eat healthy, are we going to start regulating that as well ???

Can't ride motorcycles because they are unsafe ?? I don't know what the answers are.. but regulating our daily lives, to save a few bucks in the end is no answer to me.

more regulations = bigger government = less freedom
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
Morpheus
Advanced Member
 
Morpheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 499
Rep Power: 182 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
that's what I said.
Well I commend you then. I'm glad you're consistent in beliefs. Even though I don't entirely agree-I think we're on the same track.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com