Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Culture & Community

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 239 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Has Springlake fallen victim to intercity encroachment ??

When I was in high school (1978) Springlake was where all the well to do folks lived and now it seem like intercity has made it a mixing pot of very dated homes and it is surrounded by apartments on one side car lots on another and crime incubator on the other. I think most of indigenous Shreveporters have moved out and live south of Bert Kouns. There was a time when that was the place to live and now it is a island and I think the property values have fallen and will continue to fall as the people move south of the loop. One thing we can count on is change.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
joepole
SBLive! Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,606
Rep Power: 180 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I have lived in Spring Lake since 1999 (moved from one end to the other in 2005) and I can assure you property values are as high as they've ever been. Lots of younger folks are getting tired of driving way the hell out to St. Charles Place, Southern Trace, and Long Lake and are finding good values in Spring Lake. You can buy a lot more house in Spring Lake than you can in South Highlands or Pierremont (if you can even find one for sale).

The apartments are a problem, but they're fairly isolated from the rest of the neighborhood, there's not a lot of cross-traffic.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 239 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Do you worry about home invasion and crime ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I have lived in Spring Lake since 1999 (moved from one end to the other in 2005) and I can assure you property values are as high as they've ever been. Lots of younger folks are getting tired of driving way the hell out to St. Charles Place, Southern Trace, and Long Lake and are finding good values in Spring Lake. You can buy a lot more house in Spring Lake than you can in South Highlands or Pierremont (if you can even find one for sale).

The apartments are a problem, but they're fairly isolated from the rest of the neighborhood, there's not a lot of cross-traffic.
Just off of Line Ave where the riot took place a few years ago I see the nursery closed and lots of bars on windows over there on homes and businesses. Nice big pines and in the day and I went to Capt Shreve that was the hunting grounds but now when I cut thru to Out Back it look like a ghost town. I have watched it for the last 35 years and it just does not have
that shine it once had and the houses need help in some parts and I have noticed up by 70th they have built some new homes very large at that but anything near Line Ave is the war zone. Sad for me to see there where some
great times there.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran
 
rhertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,834
Rep Power: 216 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
My sister has lived in Spring Lake for 20+ years. Back when the "riots" happened, she made her kids sleep in the back of the house out of fear of drive by shooters. But that was shortlived, and a loooong time ago. I think Prater cleaned up a lot of that gang activity back then. The nursery went belly up because of bad business practices (or bad bookeeper?) and has nothing to do with the area it is located in. The apartments being next to the railroad tracks is the reason I figure they are there. Sure many of the homes are dated, some are over 40 years old and still look really good. And there are no new lots available, so what would you expect?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
Neo
Advanced Member
 
Neo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 261
Rep Power: 151 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
I'm a springlaker. Got a great deal on a house, probably to the housing market in general. With springlake so accessible it is no surprise, if the thieves want the good loot go were money is and it is close to home for some. I do like the convenience of location, but I am disturbed that the crime is under reported. Just last year there were several sexual assaults by a perp on a bicycle. You did not here much about it though, eventhough they cought the guy. In my opinion, that is why Shreveport crime is down.... Under Reporting! ( kind of the tree falling in the forest)
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 239 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Where is Isabella when she is needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I'm a springlaker. Got a great deal on a house, probably to the housing market in general. With springlake so accessible it is no surprise, if the thieves want the good loot go were money is and it is close to home for some. I do like the convenience of location, but I am disturbed that the crime is under reported. Just last year there were several sexual assaults by a perp on a bicycle. You did not here much about it though, eventhough they cought the guy. In my opinion, that is why Shreveport crime is down.... Under Reporting! ( kind of the tree falling in the forest)
What say you Isabella about the values of the homes in Springlake ? It I where you Neo I would sell that home and take the best offer you can get and run. The west and north have fallen and it is just a matter of time before the line will be the loop there will be inside the loop and outside the loop and inside will fall to the hood.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #7
scarlett
Advanced Member
 
scarlett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 474
Rep Power: 156 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
What say you Isabella about the values of the homes in Springlake ? It I where you Neo I would sell that home and take the best offer you can get and run. The west and north have fallen and it is just a matter of time before the line will be the loop there will be inside the loop and outside the loop and inside will fall to the hood.
Isaac
That's why i refused to move to Shreveport and chose Bossier City. The crime and types of people were so different. The housing market there took a jump around the time I sold. I lived in South Bossier and it was a great area.
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 239 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Scarlett empty your mail box it is full

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
That's why i refused to move to Shreveport and chose Bossier City. The crime and types of people were so different. The housing market there took a jump around the time I sold. I lived in South Bossier and it was a great area.
I live in Bossier too and I lived in Shreveport for 28 years and the schools and the 70th street gangs got to be to much.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com