Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 03-23-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Shreveport – A Winter Wonderland

Shreveport Bossier Live! Editor, Allen Marsalis, recalls snow days in years past when it seemed to snow more often in Shreveport.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:30 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Sure looks cold there Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin
Shreveport Bossier Live! Editor, Allen Marsalis, recalls snow days in years past when it seemed to snow more often in Shreveport.
Who is that kid on the fence ? I like your column I think you should write more like this one.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
I thought I was the only Snow Man on the block

Welcome Allen the snow man or is that you in the photo with your snow man buddy. Great article Allen and I like reading post on this site
"The" Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
Allen Marsalis
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Who is that kid on the fence ? I like your column I think you should write more like this one.
Thanks Isaac. The two kids in the picture were my brother and a neighbor who is now a local doctor. It was fun writing this, and I hope to write more like it.
Allen Marsalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #5
Allen Marsalis
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Man
Welcome Allen the snow man or is that you in the photo with your snow man buddy. Great article Allen and I like reading post on this site
"The" Snow Man
LOL, yeah Snow Man I bet you liked this article. Right down your alley. Please don't melt if I happen to write another article about springtime in Shreveport.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:19 PM   #6
Lions Welp

Rep Power: 0 Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about
This sure reminds me of old times

The crazy things we did back then and live to tell about it. Nice to read something that does not have to do with religion or politics.
The Welp
Lions Welp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Nice article. Reminds me of those Snow Days I had back in Jersey. The last winter I was there, 1976-1977 was one of the worse winters N.J. had had for many years. We had a few feet of snow on the ground all winter. Everyone had one of those Flexible Flyer Sleds in their garage. Quite a few of us had toboggans as well. And man was that great fun. Snow is for the little ones, not for the adults who have to go shovel walkways and dig their cars out so they can still get to work

Yup, moved from Jersey, down to Bossier city in the spring of '77, and if I remember right, that summer in Bossier city was FREAKIN' HOT, multiple 100+ degree days !! went months without rain. UGHH .

Speaking of that snow fall we had here on New Year's Day, Here's a pic of Taz the wonder dog layin' in that very snow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	taz.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	160  

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:02 PM   #8
Ugg

Rep Power: 0 Ugg will become famous soon enough Ugg will become famous soon enough
Tip from Ugg

Tip from Ugg.
Remember, don't eat the yellow snow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mime-attachment-2.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	161  

Ugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #9
Allen Marsalis
Banned

Here is another old picture I have of the snowfall in the 60's. The picture is my sister and I'm not sure who the other person is.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Hey Allen what street was that on ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Marsalis
Here is another old picture I have of the snowfall in the 60's. The picture is my sister and I'm not sure who the other person is.

Might that be in south Shreveport ? Looks like the good old days we thought they would never end
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #11
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
In Memory of 9/11

So I was thinking about New Years Day snow fall back in 2001. and how this 'last good snow' was 8 months before "9/11". And it occurred to me how I sometimes think of times relative to the 9/11 time frame. Weird.

Anyways, looking through some photographs of that 2001 snowfall, I ran across this picture. The wife was in New York shortly after 9/11 and was checking out some memorials etc around Ground Zero. When she saw this one, with the Shreveport Fire Department t-shirt attached.

Kudos to the S'port Fire Department.

Edit: sorry to get off topic
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	911.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	170  

Old 03-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #12
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Smile Avert your eyes

LOL, I was checking out the new "search" feature on SBLive, searched for "snow", and I found these pics in the Happy Hour group photo gallery.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #13
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Kind of chilly out. Like winter is trying to make one last attempt.
April 7, Anyone else out there still yet to file there tax returns ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mime-attachment-2.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	261