Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 10-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
The one gripe I have with Verizon is that I can't just buy any ringtone I like I have to use "their" service through the phone. But honestly if that's the only issue I have compared to using Cingular I'm doing good.
right.. with Cingular , I didn't have to BUY ANY ringtones.. using Bluetooth, I would just copy over a few .mp3s to us for ringtones.. very cool. But I gave all that up for a damn phone that works and went with Verizon as well.. the crippled phones bother me too.. but the darn phone has to work first and foremost.

Rough Rider
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:27 AM   #2
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Ringtones

I pay $0 for ringtones because custom ringtones are one of the most annoying things in the universe. We have a guy in our office whose phone plays some damn song and every time it rings I want to hurl it against the wall.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 296 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Townsend II
The reason I ask is that we have tried both. Cigular's service was great, but we could not get a phone from them that worked. We ended up spending the last six months of our contract with defective phones before we gave up on them.

Our experience with T-Moble was even worse. Our phones apparently worked, but we seemed unable to receive hardly any incoming calls.(snip)
Tom, here is my take on this. If you are in Shreveport, your Cingular problems are not the phones but network related. It wouldn't matter how many phones you tried. I know one person who tried almost half a dozen phones with the same bad results. As for T-mobile, they are a MNVO (Multi Network Vendor Operator). That is, they do not own their own network but rather use Cingular's!!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote