Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you a Christian ?
Yes I am a Christian 13 68.42%
No I am not a Christian 4 21.05%
I am of another faith 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #61
sassy1

Rep Power: 0 sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough
aaahhh..but i thought all was fair
Old 05-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #62
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Good question. The answer is simple. God abides by God's laws and satan doesn't. So God had to figure out a way to achieve victory while still keeping his word. While satan is not concerned with keeping his word, much less God's Word. He is a law breaker through and through seeking to defy God.
And again, an all knowing and all powerful being couldn't come up with a better solution than having his only child brutally tortured and executed at the hands of a bunch of filthy apes?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #63
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Not only did I come right out and say how I felt, I clarified the statement, hence the "brief conversation". Sorry , I don't even remember the topic that was under or I'd look for you by this point since you obviously refuse to look for yourself.

Actually Anime would have probably voted the same, but would never have come out and expressed his non Christian views had I not asked him directly. I'll take a confession over turning the other cheek in order to avoid a conflict as a victory if I so choose, just like if he chose to attend church and just listen, you and every other Christian would consider that a victory.

As I've stated before. Only 1/3 of the world is Christian, then people like you start eliminating Mormons, snake handlers (Pentecostals), Amish and the Quakers, then that number gets smaller and smaller. Considerably less than "most of this world", genius.

I agree completely, the difference between you and I is that "god made it that way" without tangible evidence OF a god simply isn't sufficient enough to satisfy my curiosity.

I'm not trying to "disprove" the existence of your god anymore than you try to disprove the existence of Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny.....it's a given
Brain I have found the thread of truth and you young man are still looking and you will know it if you can find it. It is not for everyone and I am OK with your play acting the negative side it has to be and you legion is very large for a very short time so have a good ride friend and it is not the fall it is that very quick stop
Old 05-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #64
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Brain I have found the thread of truth and you young man are still looking and you will know it if you can find it. It is not for everyone and I am OK with your play acting the negative side it has to be and you legion is very large for a very short time so have a good ride friend and it is not the fall it is that very quick stop

Likewise, it's not that you believe, it's that you continually condemn those who do not.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #65
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Likewise, it's not that you believe, it's that you continually condemn those who do not.
Brain I believe there is a difference between condemning and disagreeing. You don't seem to understand the difference between the two.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #66
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
And again, an all knowing and all powerful being couldn't come up with a better solution than having his only child brutally tortured and executed at the hands of a bunch of filthy apes?
Not without turning into an outlaw he coundn't (evidently), you are correct. That was the plan. Maybe it took such a plan to trick satan. Who woulda thought......
Old 05-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #67
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Brain I believe there is a difference between condemning and disagreeing. You don't seem to understand the difference between the two.

There does seem to be a glitch in his hard drive
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #68
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon

There does seem to be a glitch in his hard drive
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #69
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Good point Ms Belle. The difference is between "contructive critisism" and "b!tching". With the first, the person with a differing opinion also has a new solution in mind. While b!tching is just that - pointing out a problem while providing no solutions. Just pointing out you are wrong and life sucks and there is nothing you can do about it.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:19 PM   #70
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Good point Ms Belle. The difference is between "contructive critisism" and "b!tching". With the first, the person with a differing opinion also has a new solution in mind. While b!tching is just that - pointing out a problem while providing no solutions. Just pointing out you are wrong and life sucks and there is nothing you can do about it.

Isaac
Old 05-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #71
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
[quote=rhertz]Good question. The answer is simple. God abides by God's laws and satan doesn't. So God had to figure out a way to achieve victory while still keeping his word. While satan is not concerned with keeping his word, much less God's Word. He is a law breaker through and through seeking to defy God.

Good info, rhertz. God will never sacrifice character for comfort. It's the learning process that molds the character.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #72
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

[quote=Sheba]
Quote:
Good question. The answer is simple. God abides by God's laws and satan doesn't. So God had to figure out a way to achieve victory while still keeping his word. While satan is not concerned with keeping his word, much less God's Word. He is a law breaker through and through seeking to defy God.

Good info, rhertz. God will never sacrifice character for comfort. It's the learning process that molds the character.
What a great couple of post here. Sheba your calm strong voice is a good thing to steady the storm thank you
Old 05-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #73
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Garsh!! I'm truly humbled. Just trying to live out loud.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #74
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

[quote=Sheba]
Quote:
Nodding, the big question for me personally is this? Would I do the same as He did? Maybe I would and maybe I wouldn't pass that test of faith by putting true discomfort to the test. I hope I never have to find out, to that extent. Heh, I doubt I would pass that degree of test. But on the otherhand, without being put to the test at some level, how do you know who you really are? Or what you can do?

I do believe this. Raising a family or running a company is uncomfortable at times. Even downright painful. But I do it, and with a smile on my face. Even when I don't feel like it. I don't even know why, which means that it became second nature. This means that something greater than I am has "soaked in" to me, and I am very happy even though I have never worked so hard or been in so much pain before. It seems to me that even "paradise on earth" is a relative thing.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #75
Sheba
Advanced Member

[quote=rhertz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba

Nodding, the big question for me personally is this? Would I do the same as He did? Maybe I would and maybe I wouldn't pass that test of faith by putting true discomfort to the test. I hope I never have to find out, to that extent. Heh, I doubt I would pass that degree of test. But on the otherhand, without being put to the test at some level, how do you know who you really are? Or what you can do?

I do believe this. Raising a family or running a company is uncomfortable at times. Even downright painful. But I do it, and with a smile on my face. Even when I don't feel like it. I don't even know why, which means that it became second nature. This means that something greater than I am has "soaked in" to me, and I am very happy even though I have never worked so hard or been in so much pain before. It seems to me that even "paradise on earth" is a relative thing.
Those are powerful words and concepts. Very encouraging to me personally! Here's a quote I like: When the voice and the vision on the inside become more profound, and more clear and loud, than the opinions on the outside, you've mastered your life (Dr. John Demartini) That's living loud, and you've got that!!
Closed Thread