Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 03-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #16
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I heard the Steakhouse calling me this morning since DD is coming in to town this afternoon from LSU-BR. But she wants to order her first LEGAL drink from Superior Bar and Grill so there we must go this afternoon so the bombshell mini-me can order a margarita!

Have you tried the new Cantina Laredo?
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:35 AM   #17
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle

I don't live there anymore so no I haven't. I will eventually visit again so let me know how it is. You and I seem to have very similiar taste in things.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #18
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I went to lunch at Cantina Laredo a couple of weeks ago with the wife. I think it's the first $50 lunch i ever had in Shreveport. It was pretty good, though.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #19
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I agree Joe, it is good but pricey. The margaritas are very, very good. The tableside guacamole is good. Can't remember the entrees I have tried but they were adequate. They serve two sauces with your chips which are both very nice. It's worth a try if you've never been.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #20
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Just where is Cantina Laredo ?

Quote:
I agree Joe, it is good but pricey. The margaritas are very, very good. The tableside guacamole is good. Can't remember the entrees I have tried but they were adequate. They serve two sauces with your chips which are both very nice. It's worth a try if you've never been.
I think I might just take darling out there tonight ! We love that guacamole.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #21
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
sir Isaac, did you notice the matrix is running.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #22
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
We have been there 3 times. The guac made at the table is awesome. The salsas are hot and good. The kids liked the queso dip all loaded up. But the chicken enchiladas (my usual fav) were not up to par IMHO. But everything else is good. I'm with Joepole, the prices add up quick. I hear it is actually owned by the El Chico corporation. Dunno if that is true or not.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #23
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
They serve two sauces with your chips which are both very nice.
Yeah and one is hot as hell! (just a friendly warning)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:21 PM   #24
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Where is it located?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:25 PM   #25
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
Village and Superior Steakhouse my 2 favorite restaurants in S'port
Where is Village and Bella Fresca? Never heard of either. I do not live in Shreveport, but come about twice a month.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:18 AM   #26
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Twice a month Isabella not is not enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Where is Village and Bella Fresca? Never heard of either. I do not live in Shreveport, but come about twice a month.
Village and Superior Steakhouse my 2 favorite restaurants in S'port ? I would choose the Village over the Steak House but both are good. If you want to take your time and dine at slow pace the Village if not well you know. Scarlett it would seem you and T-Bell have the same taste Isabella you will find Village on LA Ave and Stoner and Steak House on Line and Piermont Ave. The high dollar tex-mex Youree Drive and Gator Drive.
Isaac
Old 03-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #27
Isabella
Advanced Member

What kind of food at Village? Is it downtown?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #28
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

They serve surf and turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
What kind of food at Village? Is it downtown?
Great steaks, lobster, shrimp and lamb too. It cost about 50 - 60.00 a head and maybe more with adult beverage. I have been there many times and the dress code is in the upper end and service is great. Ask for Phillip he is one of the best. There is Joey, Brian many others. It is about a two hour meal and much fun and no kids. Oh it is located near I-20 and Stoner by the old Doctors Hospital.
Isaac
Old 03-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #29
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
The Village is next to Monjunis. Louisiana @ Stoner. I love the food but am genuinely surprised that it's still in business after the Steakhouse opened.

Bella Fresca is the best food in Shreveport. It's on Line Ave next to the old Fertita's (now called something like "The Bistro 6301") just North of Superior bar & Grill (which is just north of Superior's Steakhouse)
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #30
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

The Village is next to Monjunis. Louisiana @ Stoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
The Village is next to Monjunis. Louisiana @ Stoner. I love the food but am genuinely surprised that it's still in business after the Steakhouse opened.

Bella Fresca is the best food in Shreveport. It's on Line Ave next to the old Fertita's (now called something like "The Bistro 6301") just North of Superior bar & Grill (which is just north of Superior's Steakhouse)
I agree with the fact that the Steak House hurt them but they have seen many of the locals come back and like any other place they have their regulars and it is small. I am friends with the guys that own it and they say it has picked back up and running well. I do like the Steak house too.
Isaac