Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #16
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
I think Carolina had like their 3rd string QB in there.
'cause that's all we got left to play. You probably meant it that way,
but it may sound like we were just fooling around.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:31 PM   #17
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I was enjoying some fine New Orleans weather and paying way too much money for breakfast.

joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:50 AM   #18
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I will have the
EGGS SHANNON
Poached eggs atop fried
trout, served in a bed of
creamed spinach and topped
with Hollandaise sauce.
Suggested Wine - Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay

Great photo !!
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:29 AM   #19
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Nice photo Joe! Did you feel NO was "tourist ready" again? I've heard different opinions. Looks like some of the fine restaurants are up and running!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #20
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
There were plenty of tourists, but I forgot last weekend was the Bayou Classic so we didn't really go out to anywhere popular.

It's definitely different. I was worried about Brennan's looking at me funny for not wearing a tie, but there were people there in shorts and jogging suits. That was weird.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #21
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Great photo Joe. I have done the Brennan's breakfast many times. World's best grits, bar none. Fine dining everywhere has relaxed on dress codes and I say it's about time. If you've got the cash, come on in and be seated. My favorite is Hawaii where you can wear flip flops and shorts while your waiter is dressed in a tux. Hawaiian style.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:34 AM   #22
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Nice photo Joe! Did you feel NO was "tourist ready" again? I've heard different opinions. Looks like some of the fine restaurants are up and running!
Mrs. Morph and I have been to N.O. several times (3-4) since the hurricane. It has gotten better each time. The first time a lot of stuff was still closed, not because it was damaged, but because they couldn't find anyone to work there. Last time we went, and it has been a few months, everything seemed almost back, except that the caliber of waitstaff is down, because they are mostly inexperienced. We used to love the table side Caesar salad at court of two sisters, but last time we went it wasn't available. In fact most of the table side offerings were gone because they didn't have anyone experienced enough to do it.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote