Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Is it ok to have mix race relationships and have children?
Let people do what they want it's not hurting me 3 33.33%
We need to stick to our own race because the children suffer 6 66.67%
I don't care 0 0%
Voters: 9. This poll is closed

Old 03-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Question What do you think of interracial relationships with chlidren?

Do you feel it's ok for whites and blacks, latinos and black, white with latinos or any other races to mix and have children?

Last edited by scarlett; 03-14-2007 at 06:53 PM.
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
That's kinda hard to comment on and not offend some people. I think anyone you feel is a compatible romantic partner should be suitable to have a family with.

As for me, I have racial preferences as far as romance goes just as I have preferences involving personality, appearance, etc. Other people I know sometimes have preferences involving finances, education, religion, and other means of measuring compatibility. This is not an indication as to how flexible I am with my preferences and I'm certainly not about to discuss what my preferences are.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
Do you feel it's ok for whites and blacks, spanish and black, white with spanish or any other races to mix and have children?

I understand your meaning here, but for the sake of accuracy, lets change the word "spanish" to "hispanic" or "latino". The people of Spain are European whites.
My children are mixed. Im white and their mother is either hispanic or native American...maybe a bit of both. I think times have changed enough that most enlightened people realize its a matter of love, compatibility, and personal choice. These days, there are so many mixed race celebrities, athletes and other role models that the stigma has all but disappeared.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
I understand your meaning here, but for the sake of accuracy, lets change the word "spanish" to "hispanic" or "latino". The people of Spain are European whites.
My children are mixed. Im white and their mother is either hispanic or native American...maybe a bit of both. I think times have changed enough that most enlightened people realize its a matter of love, compatibility, and personal choice. These days, there are so many mixed race celebrities, athletes and other role models that the stigma has all but disappeared.
Imagine my surprise....
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #5
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Imagine my surprise....
Imagine mine? There was a time when I THOUGHT you had some sense. You've succeeded in changing my mind about that.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:55 PM   #6
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Be nice, Al. He's entitled to his opinions, but we don't have to listen to them if we don't want. There's no need to dredge up the garbage of other threads here.

"The more you stir the s**t, the worse it stinks."
~Jason Terrel
Old 03-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #7
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

That crack BrainFart made about "imagine my surprise" was nothing more than thinly veiled bigotry. I AM surprised...just when it seems he couldnt possibly be more reprehensible than he already is, he up and surprises me. But its not every day somebody like this guy puts his ignorance on public display. Its amusing as hell. Lets hope he's here for the long haul.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 03-14-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I think your safe there Al his BS is living to post

Quote:
That crack BrainFart made about "imagine my surprise" was nothing more than thinly veiled bigotry. I AM surprised...just when it seems he couldnt possibly be more reprehensible that he already is, he up and surprises me. But its not every day somebody like this guy puts his ignorance on public display. Its amusing as hell. Lets hope he's here for the long haul.
Why because this is the only way people will listen to him. Seen the photo of him on his web site with those nice looking guys he is with. If they are really friends they tell allot about the Brain. Wasted
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #9
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
That crack BrainFart made about "imagine my surprise" was nothing more than thinly veiled bigotry. I AM surprised...just when it seems he couldnt possibly be more reprehensible than he already is, he up and surprises me. But its not every day somebody like this guy puts his ignorance on public display. Its amusing as hell. Lets hope he's here for the long haul.
Believe me he will be here as long as he has people to argue with. He is like a bad penny he keeps coming back. He will tell you he cannot be banned from any forum. However, he is wrong.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #10
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Imagine my surprise....
What the heck is that supposed to mean ??

Anyways, I'm of the opinion, what ever floats your boat.
I have a feeling however, that these types of relationships go over easier in certain parts of the country compared to others
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:39 AM   #11

I'm like a whole lot of people my age, I believe in sticking with my race when it comes to marriage and children. Times are changing but they are not changing that fast. Mixed couples and mixed children have and will always have a hard time in the south. If this was California or New york it might be different.
396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:31 AM   #12
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Well, I guess appearances probably have alot to do with whether or not the mixed-race couple's offspring is ostracized or experiences some other kind of maltreatment at the hands of southern society. Children are frequently cruel to each other for all sorts of reasons besides appearances. In my case, my children are completely indistinguishable from other whites ...that is, they exhibit none of the physical features of their mother's race. Further, my 19 year old son's IQ is well above my 123. He's studying to become a mechanical engineer, and is sailing thru his advanced math and science classes with ease. Needless to say, I couldnt be more proud. My children's mother had plenty of flaws, as we all do, none of which had anything to do with her skin color.

Not to say I dont understand people who prefer to limit their sexual liasons to members of their own race. There are races I myself would rule out, however, this does not mean I would look down my nose on others who do NOT share my preferences. All boils down to personal preference.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:18 AM   #13
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

I was a smart kid in school too, but other kids still picked on me. I agree that kids can be very cruel to each other. Being the smart one in class can be the basis on which one is bullied in school.

I dunno, maybe kids just don't know how to behave anymore. Or perhaps there are too many parents out there who had kids before they were ready and didn't know how to teach them to behave.

As far as racial relationships, I have my racial preferences as well. But has anyone ever been approached by someone who is outside of your preferences and when you turned them down, they assumed it was their race? I can't stand those! Those people have such a self-esteem problem.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #14

sex is sex and marriage is marriage. the topic is interracial relationships with chlidren. I'm going to stand by my statement. I will stick to my own race for marriage and children. If you want to talk sex with people of another race, that's a horse of a different color. Don't get excited BOB. There are no midgets in here that I know of.,
Do you know what race Isabella is? Wonder how the sex would be. I know I don't want to marry her or have kids.
396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #15
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396
sex is sex and marriage is marriage. the topic is interracial relationships with chlidren. I'm going to stand by my statement. I will stick to my own race for marriage and children. If you want to talk sex with people of another race, that's a horse of a different color. Don't get excited BOB. There are no midgets in here that I know of.,
Do you know what race Isabella is? Wonder how the sex would be. I know I don't want to marry her or have kids.
If you are bagger you are in big trouble! If your are BS then this is typical of you. bagger is the one who likes to tease me, so this might be him.

For the record, I am white, married, and have children, therefore he would not want to marry me or have kids. LOL