Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Sports

Notices

Old 12-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Saints Lose Game but Win their Division

The Saints lost to Washington but clinched the NFC South division thanks to the Carolina Panthers' loss to the Pittsburgh
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
Cichlid Man

I hate it but they will choke

I would love to see them go to the big game but if history tells us anything they will choke when the heat is on. Saints in the playoffs and LSU in the Sugar Bowl should be a great January.
Cichlid Man
Old 12-18-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cichlid Man
I would love to see them go to the big game but if history tells us anything they will choke when the heat is on.
Well Cichlid Man, as the say, "This ain't your Father's Saints" or at least I like to think so.. BUT MAN DID THEY BLOW THAT GAME !!! yesterday.
That game just made me ill.. they almost pulled it off there in the final seconds, but wasn't meant to be. They still clinched their division, so congrats to the Saints.

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
Cichlid Man

"This ain't your Father's Saints"

You are so right. My daddy is a Dallas fan ! I would love to see the Saints make it to the second round anyway that would be a first.
Cichlid Man
Old 12-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
This year has absolutely been something else for our Saints. to turn around from a 3-13 season last year, to winning their division this year is something to be very proud of.

Been a Saints fan for many many years, it's an odd feeling to be EXPECTING To win now. And yes, if they could make it through at least two play-off games, it would be a Saints first, But this is one year, I feel it's possible they could go all the way to the Super Bowl

I dig the new Smily as well
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote