Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Culture & Community

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #36
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 220 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Voodoo

http://www.lowcountrynow.com/stories...ttlejohn.shtml
Quote:
I also was among the many who queried him about his life as sheriff, his reputation as a voodoo witch doctor
Quote:
....his pitched witchcraft battles with such interesting characters as Dr. Buzzard and Dr. Eagle, was virtually perfect well into his eighth decade.
Quote:
The top drawer was filled to overflowing with letters from all parts of the United States and many foreign countries, seeking his help in removing a "curse" which the letter writers felt had been placed upon them.And what I do for them can't be done with medicine or psychiatry. A person who believes that he has been cursed, or that a 'root' has been placed on him, will sicken and die just as though he were stricken with cancer or some other malady."
In my hometown there are people who still believe. As a child I remember our Sheriff McTeer was known for helping rid one of a curse, or root. There have been books written of Ed McTeer but nothing brings about the reality of all this as seeing someone actually digging up their own yard searching for a "root" and being unable to find it, calling on Sheriff McTeer.

Buy the book
Click here

Last edited by sbl_admin; 07-26-2007 at 03:12 PM.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote