Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 06-01-2007, 06:28 AM   #16
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Actually Sheba it's another TEACHER in the news. This one just happens to be from Texas this time. I believe so far it's what 3 Louisiana teachers this spring vs 1 Texas teacher!
Yes, and once again, I hang my head for my profession, as I did the last three times.

My comment on the Texans came from reading the info on the mom hanging her children - the article reported several other mother/child murders in that same city over the past few years. I wasn't keeping score, just connecting bits of information.

Where is the heart for kids in all of this? Mothers and teachers are entrusted with such a high calling... To use LateNight's termonology, it's hard to "wrap my mind around the idea" that any adult is so self-serving. So hard for me, mom & teacher, to understand...
Old 06-01-2007, 08:03 AM   #17
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
It's very simple what's wrong here with these people, the mom and the teachers, they are all sick in one different ways. Some more so than others.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:47 AM   #18
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
It is very unfortunate that we have a few of these bad teachers and bad mothers! For the most part I feel the majority of teachers and mothers are good and doing the best they can! It's not very often that you read about the heroic teachers and moms. It's just not titillating enough for the media!
Moms and teachers are among some of the most unappreciated jobs but we do it because we love it not for notoriety!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #19
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for that uplifting post, Pocahontas!! I am guilty of getting bogged down in all the headlines and articles and news reports!! I guess we all have to be careful not to buy into mainstream media too much. It is such a negative perception. You're so right - not enough good reports out there on the best of what we do & who we are.

Here's to those of us moms & teachers doing it well day in & day out from our hearts!!
Old 06-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #20
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The Queen of Sheba has spoken

Click image for larger version

Name:	sheba-books02.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	675
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #21
Sheba
Advanced Member

[quote=Isaac-Saxxon]The Queen of Sheba has spoken

Thanks, Sir Isaac, Son of Laughter. You are so fun & goofy. Did you pull that sword from stone, valiant soldier? Are you the one? Oh, that would be Neo...
Old 06-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #22
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I googled up Texasbelle and came up with everything from clothing to cats,cows and this one from yester year
Name:  Texas%20Belle.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  32.2 KB
Get along little dogies
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #23
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Now I could not leave out Pocahontas the all natural beauty

Name:	pocahontas.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	678
Pocahontas is one with nature

Name:	pocahontas.48.gif
Views:	5
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	679
Got to love a deer skin dress