Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 10-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #61
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent points Vix. Let's also not forget that Bin Laden was offered up to Clinton on a silver platter who turned down taking him into American custody.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #62
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Wow....where to start? O.K. AL: When has "big buisiness" not made money from war? Isn't that what got America out of the depression? Yes, it is. Does that mean its "right"? thats a matter of opinion, But their necessity is not. And who's REALLY making money off this war? Did you know that the LARGEST shareholder in Halliburton is(was) none-other than LADY BIRD JOHNSON? Yes, the big Liberal wife of Dem president Johnson- OUCH! I know that hurt. And oh yeah, that Kennedy family also owns an Oil company. If your gonna be so passionate about something, dont you want all the information? Do a little research.....

LN: You stand up and ask questions, Thats great. Here are some FACTS for you-
1. Russian Intelligence told us they thought Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. So did Germany, Spain, England, Japan, France, and the American FBI and CIA. Was the President supposed to think" oh, theyre all lying so I will make money" WTF ?? And remember when the Government leaders of France did'nt want us to go into Iraq and we later found the records in Bagdhad that showed they were violating the UN sanctions and buying oil from saddam under the table?
2. We KNOW he used chemical weapons against the Kurds.
3. Saddam actively supported Islamic terrorists including al-queada and paying CASH to the families of suicide bombers.
I could go on, but lets stop there. Do we want a Nut like saddam or Iran or N.Korea who has an inclination to hand these weapons over to people who will use them on us and the Jews? Why is this so difficult to comprehend? So, Saddam is gone and the Iraqis are not handling up like we(I) thought they would. How does that deminish the FACT that we went in there with the correct intentions? When You say Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terror, YOU ARE WRONG.

I want our troops home as soon as possible, but thats a long time from now. We have to be realistic and see the BIG picture. Thank GOD we have a competant President and Military leaders who do understand.
Yes, big business does indeed make money off of wars, and I agree that whether or not thats right is a matter of opinion...however, in this case we're talkin about Iraq, a country with vast oil reserves and Halliburton, which is not only a big oil company and the prime defense contractor, it just so happens that our VP is their ex-CEO who still has a sizable interest in that company's profit margin. Some coincidence, eh Vix? "Conflict of interest, anyone? Ya can smell the stink of corruption and kickbacks a country mile away.

LadyBird Johnson and the Kennedy clan, huh? Ya say that like it's supposed to surprise me or offend me or somethin! Doesnt hurt me in the least, Vix, since I'm about as far from bein a liberal democrat as you can get. What did I just get thru sayin about our government at the highest levels bein largely composed of arrogantly wealthy folk (both dems and reps) who believe governance is their birthright? Ouch! Ya might wanna work on your readin comprehension skills there, Sport!

"We know he (Saddam) used chemical weapons against the Kurds"...really? What, ya got a team of monkeys workin around the clock on this? Yeah, we know cuz it was us that sold the chemical weapons to him. Remember all those pictures of Big Dick and Rummy with their arms thrown around Uncle Saddam's shoulders, with big schit-eatin grins plastered on their plottin, duplicitous faces? Again, can ya say corruption? How about malfeasance? Yeah, thank God we've got Junior and Big Dick to see us thru this debacle. Sounds suspiciously like the old "fox guardin the henhouse" scenario. Ya seem like a decent sort to me though, Vix...so I'll do ya a favor and not sell ya that water-front property.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 10-04-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:20 PM   #63
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Molon Labe! Sir Al ! I think most if not all politicians come from money. I think W. is good President compared to the last one who was impeached. I would rather have morals in the White House with a good heart than cigar man using the oval office for a brothel. I agree with Al on many things I just differ here on President Bush. I think Dick Cheney has plenty of money and clout with out taking blood money as it has been described here. Iran wants Iraq and then Israel which means the USA. W. might just need to leave the gate open and let the Jews out and Iran will be a done deal. Let the dog back in the gate shut it and guard it. I think we need to pump enough oil out of Iraq to pay the war bill. Just my opinion. Babylon has fallen has fallen. That old devil King of Babylon is no more. Time for Persia to pay the toll for all the attacks on America.
I see the crows lined up on the bottom wire here. This is America speak your mind men.
Click image for larger version

Name:	crows%20on%20a%20wire.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	1539
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #64
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
1. Apparently your reading comprehension skills are no better, since I already stated that Cheney's Halliburton connection is no coincidence. Of course he makes money from them, he was the CEO(pension,stocks,etc.) Halliburton didn't become the largest oil company because "dick & bush" got us into this phony war to make money, They got where they are because they had a LEADER like Dick Cheney and out performed other companies(Capitalism...)
2. The point about Ladybird Johnson was that the whole "dick & bush" argument is nonsense. (because she's a part of the same group of people who point the finger at "dick & bush") If it was just about the "wealthy" people, wouldn't they all agree instead of pointing fingers? Wake up-its political. She is the exact opposite politically from them. So is Ted Kennedy. I wasn't inferring that you were a liberal, just that your point is not valid.
I don't expect you to agree or understand, but when you spit out complete nonsense like "blood money for oil", expect to be called on it- it IS rediculous.
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:40 PM   #65
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
How does that sayin go..."ya can lead a horse to water but ya cant make em drink"

I tried...I give up. I'll let ya get back to Rush's show now.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:16 AM   #66
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Yeah, thats an easy out. whats that old saying," if you cant take the heat....."
Old 10-05-2007, 09:35 AM   #67
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Molon Labe! Sir Al ! I think most if not all politicians come from money. I think W. is good President compared to the last one who was impeached. I would rather have morals in the White House with a good heart than cigar man using the oval office for a brothel. I agree with Al on many things I just differ here on President Bush. I think Dick Cheney has plenty of money and clout with out taking blood money as it has been described here. Iran wants Iraq and then Israel which means the USA. W. might just need to leave the gate open and let the Jews out and Iran will be a done deal. Let the dog back in the gate shut it and guard it. I think we need to pump enough oil out of Iraq to pay the war bill. Just my opinion. Babylon has fallen has fallen. That old devil King of Babylon is no more. Time for Persia to pay the toll for all the attacks on America.
I see the crows lined up on the bottom wire here. This is America speak your mind men.
Attachment 1539
Hey this photo reminds me that the Black Crowes are coming to the Horseshoe on Oct. 27th! I've got to get some tickets! If you like to rock it should be excellent!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #68
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Hey this photo reminds me that the Black Crowes are coming to the Horseshoe on Oct. 27th! I've got to get some tickets! If you like to rock it should be excellent!
Oh come now Pokie you are off topic well that depends if the Black Crows are political activist like Bruce Springsteen. This turned out to be quite the thread.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #69
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Excellent points Vix. Let's also not forget that Bin Laden was offered up to Clinton on a silver platter who turned down taking him into American custody.
You be talking about president Clifford He gave away our CIA and a free cigar to his helpers. I think the only thing worse than Bill is Jimmy Carter who still subverts our government and should be locked up.

We go down to the river and into the river we dive.

I think Da Bruce has TMJ
Old 10-06-2007, 08:15 AM   #70
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I couldn't get past the biceps to take notice!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 10-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #71
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Quite a change from the old days!

Click image for larger version

Name:	young_bruce.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1545

Jennifer Aniston
Old 10-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #72
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Hey Pokie here is one for you ! Listen to the negative commentary at the start Once again a very good song used to make a political point.

There is a big price to pay when you put down America and in this case it will show up in their checking account The people have spoken

Old 10-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #73
vixweb
Advanced Member

I love how bruce blames the government in that little speach(mostly Reagan) for the un-employed steel workers, instead of the real culprits: his precious UNIONS.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #74
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
How about some real music here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJWF2FGuSWg ! This is more my style Time to go watch some LSU football.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9TS...elated&search=
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #75
vixweb
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
How about some real music here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJWF2FGuSWg ! This is more my style Time to go watch some LSU football.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9TS...elated&search=
Now thats soul! I don't think anyone else has EVER put that much into a guitar. I'll never forget the day he died, I was stunned....I was living in panama city beach at the time, and Jeff Healy played a free concert on the beach just a week or two after his death-It was INCREDIBLE ! Half the show was SRV songs- He was very emotional, and spoke about him several times during the night.