Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 05-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #31
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
okay, we'll do sweet milk and cornbread
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #32
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
If you want me to eat cornbread, wrap it around a hotdog and put a stick through it.
That joke is down right corny!! yuck yuck yuck...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:15 PM   #33
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
That is no joke. Many older people was raised on that. Mt dad is 75 and still loves a glass of milk and cornbread.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #34
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
That is no joke. Many older people was raised on that. Mt dad is 75 and still loves a glass of milk and cornbread.
I was talking about anime's post. Corny? Corn dog, get it?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #35
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Yes, you know some folks don't know what eating is.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:14 AM   #36
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Yes, you know some folks don't know what eating is.
I can see using buttermilk to cook with but for Isaac no butter milk. Now buttermilk is not a veggie but cornbread is and I love cornbread is great with lady cream peas and dipping in pot liquor add a few onions and then get to sleep on the couch
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #37
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

My all time favorite is a big pan of homemade biquits and a pot of tomato gravy. A meal in itself. Sop that gravy with chunks of tomato in it. Make you want to slap yo'mama.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #38
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
My all time favorite is a big pan of homemade biquits and a pot of tomato gravy. A meal in itself. Sop that gravy with chunks of tomato in it. Make you want to slap yo'mama.
Sounds like a good meal to me what time will you have it ready ?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #39
sassy1

Rep Power: 0 sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough
Now knowing the diet of many of the avatars I'm recommending seeing your respective physicians for fasting lipids and glucose testing! The veggies sound great though.... We southerners know how to kill ourselves with fried food!
sassy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #40
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Thank you for your concern but my glucose is fine. I had mine checked. I just like good food. It's better than fast food.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #41
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for your concern but my glucose is fine. I had mine checked. I just like good food. It's better than fast food.
I had mine checked and then went out and had some fried bream and hush dogs to boot. Oh and some fired squash and taters. Lipid panel ought to be looking good now
Old 05-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #42
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

You go IS. That sounds pretty durn good. Ain't nothing like fried bream.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:50 PM   #43
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
How about some new potatoes and sweet corn...Yum! Oh and don't forget the yellow squash. Broiled in the oven with some butter and parmesan cheese or steamed with onions in the microwave or pan fried with onions and a little teriyaki sauce??
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #44
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Me thinks we should have dinner at Pokie's house one night, Isaac's another, and on and on we go until we've made the rounds. You folks all know how to feed well.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #45
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

That sounds right good. New potatoes in a white gravey with a pon of cornbread and fried okrie. Yum