Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Health & Wellness

Notices

Old 09-03-2006, 11:52 PM   #1
Mudbug

Rep Power: 0 Mudbug is on a distinguished road Mudbug is on a distinguished road
Suggested Running Music?

see: http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225

I'm looking for good running music. I help maintain http://www.dailytunes.com (sign up - it's free) and have a good stock to pick from there, but am interested in a local flavor of workout music. Got any suggestions?
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:22 AM   #2
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
shoot that's a tough one to answer.. I don't there's going to be any good straight answer for this.. regardless of whether I'm running, bicycling or walking.. what music I listen to, depends entirely on my mood at the time, and ranges from through all sorts of genres of music.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Trance, electronic or techno those are the best to work out to.
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
TurnUpTheSka.com

iTunes has some decent reggae ones, and some okay technoish stuff like scarlett suggested.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Santabot, you are digging up old news from last year!! Whats up with that? I would much rather discuss current news within the last month or so.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Santabot, you are digging up old news from last year!! Whats up with that? I would much rather discuss current news within the last month or so.
It'll be current for anyone that reads it. Also, I thought for some reason the OP meant running music as in streaming, which is what I suggested.

Good running music for me has always been good rap with nice beats to try and synchronize your steps to, or some good punk like Leftover Crack, keeps your heartrate up and keeps you wanting to beat somebody down, so you'll be running better
Old 05-21-2007, 04:41 AM   #7
A_B_laben

Rep Power: 0 A_B_laben will become famous soon enough A_B_laben will become famous soon enough
RE:Suggested Running Music?

Friends, I have just started an 8 week training plan for a 5k race, when I was working to 1min walk/run schedules etc I found running without music was better because I wanted to concentrate on my technique, breathing etc, and timed myself using a stop watch. However, now I've moved on to 2min sets I've put together a selection of songs that are as close to 2 mins as I can find, and now run to one song, walk to the next etc..
Old 05-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #8
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
I heard a rumor that shreveport.com might launch an Internet radio station with local music soon.
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:58 PM   #9
mixmaster

Rep Power: 0 mixmaster has a spectacular aura about mixmaster has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to mixmaster
Bodeans: Texas Ride Song
Old 97s: The El, Melt Show
Bluebirds: Justine

Lord.....I could go on and on and on....I've always wanted to do the music to an excersize tape.....
LOL
Mix
mixmaster is offline   Reply With Quote