Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Style & Shopping

Notices

Old 07-16-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
animalsrgodsgifts

Rep Power: 0 animalsrgodsgifts will become famous soon enough animalsrgodsgifts will become famous soon enough
Trying to find a Hair Salon?

I am not real familiar with hair salons in Shreveport. Does anyone know of a great place you can get hair extensions for Caucasian hair?
animalsrgodsgifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
You may want to try Escape Salon or Spa Concepts.
Name:  human-hair-extensions.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  18.8 KB
Human hair extensions tend to be the preferred kind of hair extensions because they look and feel a lot more natural.

European hair is very fine and usually unsuitable for use as hair extensions. Chinese hair has round cross section making it incompatible with Caucasian hair used for wigs and toupes. Indian hair is generally used for making human hair extensions. Human hair is grown in the Arctic Circle for hair extensions alone.

Some families grow them specifically to be cut and sold. Such human hair for extensions is never chemically treated and left in virgin state. . Some acrylic hair is being produced in Japan that bears great resemblance to natural hair and costs just half as much as human hair extensions.

For more info please Private Message rhertz
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalsrgodsgifts
I am not real familiar with hair salons in Shreveport. Does anyone know of a great place you can get hair extensions for Caucasian hair?
Not sure if they do that kind of thing.. But you could try calling Christy at 797-1125 (I forget the name of the place, Gallery ? Salon ? it's on 70th Street right next door to Shreveport Music) It's a pretty big place, so maybe if she doesn't do that, someone else there does ?
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
PLEASSSSSSSSSEEEE don't listen to the men!!! Just kidding but you might want to try Deborah David at True Colors on Line.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Just make sure you pronounce her last name correctly.

dah-VEED
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Oh Joe, you know her too????????!!!!!!????? And yes please say her name correctly.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:54 PM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I do. I actually saw her at Strawn's on Sunday.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:21 AM   #8
animalsrgodsgifts

Rep Power: 0 animalsrgodsgifts will become famous soon enough animalsrgodsgifts will become famous soon enough
Wink Hair Extensions

Thanks Everyone, I will check out all those places. If you all think of anymore then let me know.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:32 AM   #9
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You may want to try Escape Salon or Spa Concepts.
Attachment 999
Human hair extensions tend to be the preferred kind of hair extensions because they look and feel a lot more natural.

European hair is very fine and usually unsuitable for use as hair extensions. Chinese hair has round cross section making it incompatible with Caucasian hair used for wigs and toupes. Indian hair is generally used for making human hair extensions. Human hair is grown in the Arctic Circle for hair extensions alone.

Some families grow them specifically to be cut and sold. Such human hair for extensions is never chemically treated and left in virgin state. . Some acrylic hair is being produced in Japan that bears great resemblance to natural hair and costs just half as much as human hair extensions.

For more info please Private Message rhertz
Isaac, you da man! I'm gonna contact Rhertz first thing and get him to hook me up with a Mel Gibson "Braveheart" style weave!
Old 07-17-2007, 07:08 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I do. I actually saw her at Strawn's on Sunday.
Small world kids. Joepole and Texasbelle using the same hair salon. Joe do you have hair extensions I know Texasbelle will never tell her secrets right white girl ? They say the world is a small place well Shevesville is too.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:20 AM   #11
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

I'll say this for Joe...he at least has great taste in his choice of hair stylists. No barber for him! You won't see Joe like this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	combover.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1022

Name:  good hair.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  2.6 KB
Old 07-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Not much to do to this hair style right joepyle

Name:	Private Pyle.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1025
Old 07-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #13
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

I need a haircut so badly. I usually go to Southfield barber shop, but Mr. Davis isn't there anymore and Kay takes forever because she talks on the phone the whole time. I don't want to find a new barber shop, but I'm looking really shaggy right now.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I need a haircut so badly. I usually go to Southfield barber shop, but Mr. Davis isn't there anymore and Kay takes forever because she talks on the phone the whole time. I don't want to find a new barber shop, but I'm looking really shaggy right now.
Mr. Glen Davis is now at Fants on Kings Highway and yes Kay is the reason all the customers have quit using that shop. I think Mr. Glen only works a few days each week. I use him or Alan
Old 07-17-2007, 03:32 PM   #15
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute

Name:	Keith%20Urban%20CMA%202005.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1049

Shaggy can be very, very good!!!!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote