Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 07-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #16
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
The Subway in downtown Shreveport is still new enough to be sort of clean, but every other one I've ever been in was absolutely filthy.
The downtown Subway is the only one I ever eat at. It opened up before Theo's closed down which wasn't a good swap, but better than nothing.

Quote:
I haven't eaten at a Taco Bell since 1992 because 1. the food is incredibly awful-tasting and devoid of any nutritional value 2. the restaurants are disgusting.
I used to like Taco Bell in the 60's and 70's along with McDonalds and Da King. They were all good once upon a time. McDonalds used to peel and slice french fry potatoes on-site. Taco Bell used to cook taco meat on-site and not in some far off factory. Now everything comes in a bag preprocessed.... None of them are any good anymore, unless I'm looking for a fresh sandwich or a sausage biscuit, LOL...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #17
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
I hate fast food. Try to avoid it.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #18
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
I hate fast food. Try to avoid it.

Excellent advice!! Short, to the point... And totally true.

Which is why I like this thread. Finding "good" fast food in a sea of drive-thru's is extremely difficult. Like crabfishing!!

Sometimes I head straight into the wind and drive thru Shanes to order a catfish dinner and half a dozen Zwolle tamales... Maybe even some crawfish if in season..
Old 07-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #19
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Fast Food

Click image for larger version

Name:	alvin ords.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Need some help on this one please
Alvin Ords Sandwich Shops
204 University Dr, San Marcos, TX
Tel: (512) 353-8042
2520 Electronic Ln Ste 801 Dallas 214-350-7709
635 W Campbell Rd Ste 308 Richardson 972-680-2100

They're the best!
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #20
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
We learned a lesson today at our office. Don't order from the Chick Fil A at the Mall in Bossier. Judging from my conversations with the people working their the IQ level is LOW. We had a drug rep order lunch from there. He gave the instructions for it to be delivered by 12:00. It wasn't an unusually large order nor is our office very difficult to find. It's a very well known facility in town. Long story short. The lunch did not arrive until after 1:00. The manager's excuse to me was the girl "took the main road to your office instead of the Interstate". Our office is in Shreveport off Bert Kouns. The delivery girl informed us when she got to the office that she did not actually leave Bossier though until 12:45 as opposed to the manager who told us that she left at 12:00.

My whole point is I hate poor customer service especially when the business can't be honest about the problem whatever it was. We've never had this problem with the store on Youree and we will be sure they get all of the business from this point forward.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:58 PM   #21
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
We learned a lesson today at our office. Don't order from the Chick Fil A at the Mall in Bossier. Judging from my conversations with the people working their the IQ level is LOW. We had a drug rep order lunch from there. He gave the instructions for it to be delivered by 12:00. It wasn't an unusually large order nor is our office very difficult to find. It's a very well known facility in town. Long story short. The lunch did not arrive until after 1:00. The manager's excuse to me was the girl "took the main road to your office instead of the Interstate". Our office is in Shreveport off Bert Kouns. The delivery girl informed us when she got to the office that she did not actually leave Bossier though until 12:45 as opposed to the manager who told us that she left at 12:00.

My whole point is I hate poor customer service especially when the business can't be honest about the problem whatever it was. We've never had this problem with the store on Youree and we will be sure they get all of the business from this point forward.
Belle excuse my stupidity but You ordered a sandwich from a Bossier Mall to be delivered on Bert Kouns. Isn't that a tad out of the way. I didn't know Chic Fil A even delivered.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #22
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
Belle excuse my stupidity but You ordered a sandwich from a Bossier Mall to be delivered on Bert Kouns. Isn't that a tad out of the way. I didn't know Chic Fil A even delivered.
There is one at Youree Drive and East 70th
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #23
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
There is one at Youree Drive and East 70th
I know where that one is but Bell said they ordered from a Bossier Mall.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #24
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
No, I didn't order it. I would have used the Youree Drive location. Duh!

A drug rep brought lunch to our office and HE ordered it from Bossier. I don't know why but he did. Stupid I know. He said he was trying to spread some of the business around. He ordered about $200 worth of sandwiches, nuggets, tea, and dessert. It's not your typical order. They do have a catering division at each store.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #25
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
No, I didn't order it. I would have used the Youree Drive location. Duh!

A drug rep brought lunch to our office and HE ordered it from Bossier. I don't know why but he did. Stupid I know. He said he was trying to spread some of the business around. He ordered about $200 worth of sandwiches, nuggets, tea, and dessert. It's not your typical order. They do have a catering division at each store.
Thanks, with the way my week started I was if I was reading things right.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #26
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Don't order from the Chick Fil A at the Mall in Bossier.
Cheekin's are starting to fight back!

Click image for larger version

Name:	chicken2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	907
Old 07-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #27
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
We learned a lesson today at our office. Don't order from the Chick Fil A at the Mall in Bossier.
LOL, I dated a girl briefly back in the mid 80's who worked at that Chick Fil A in the mall... She was a PILL LOL oh the memories..
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #28
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Cheekin's are starting to fight back!

Attachment 907

That is so good, I like it.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #29
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Latenight, I talked to three people from that store yesterday and cumutively I don't think they had an IQ of 50.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #30
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Latenight, I talked to three people from that store yesterday and cumutively I don't think they had an IQ of 50.
LOL I'm not surprised.. I get that feeling pulling through most fast food drive-thrus these days. Serving up food in the mall can't be much better

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote