Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Historic Photos

Notices

Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Comments on: clyde fant

Reader comments and feedback for the clyde fant photo.
This image is part of the Historic Photos photo gallery

with his baby the civic center
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:00 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Each Mayor has to leave a mark on this town. I think each new administration has to top the previous one. Hightower may have done his projects at a major cost to the tax payer. I hope Glover will use our tax money for our streets and other major repairs to this city.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 PM   #3
Huldah

Rep Power: 0 Huldah is just really nice Huldah is just really nice Huldah is just really nice Huldah is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Each Mayor has to leave a mark on this town. I think each new administration has to top the previous one. Hightower may have done his projects at a major cost to the tax payer. I hope Glover will use our tax money for our streets and other major repairs to this city.
Hey Isaac-Saxxon, it's interesting that you mention a politician spending taxpayers money on new projects to put their name on. So many over history do just that so that they have a "legacy" to be remembered by. When the bridge over I35 in Minneapollis collapsed into the Mississippi River, there was of course, national concern about the safety of the 70,000 other bridges that are considered to be in major need of repair. Sceptics said that any politician, given the choice of either to repair existing bridges or build a new one, they would choose building a new one. It's sells better in the press and they look good to their constituants.

We as taxpayers can not begin to guess the extent to which the politicians in Washington will go to look good. And we as taxpayers should be ashamed of the pressure we put on them to spend money on various "causes." Everytime there is a national disaster in this country is seems everyone expects the federal government to step in and pay to fix it all to "like new," or "like it was before."
Just a bit of information for all of us: Did you know that the U.S. government in the past two years has spent $110 Billion to rebuild/repair New Orleans.
Just in case you didn't know.
I sure hope some of it was spent on a better levee system.

Huldah
Huldah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Great Post!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:08 PM   #5
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Wanna know who looks good to his constituents? Ron Paul, thats who. And he does it without even tryin, cuz he cares about the country and follows the Constitution in every way. Check out his voting record. He is above reproach! How many politicians can say that? I hope Dr. Paul will be able to count on everyone here when the time comes. If ya dont vote for him, ya deserve whatever the hell kind of self-serving maggot ya get, regardless of whether he/she is a rep or a dem...just remember, the rest of us have to live with your choices and we wont be happy if ya eff it up for us!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:16 AM   #6
salguodgrubmab
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 0 salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough
If we as a nation of people became interested in having those elected to represent us actually represent us and quit letting the media write off the Paul's as also rans out of the gate we could once again be a democratic republic. I have no idea what we have now. They, the pols and punditry, think we are but sheep to be herded this way and that and unless they are caught in mens rooms soliciting...are above reproach. I haven't voted for anyone from a political party in 30 years and for that long I have heard you are just wasting your vote by people who have no clue. I feel a rant coming so I'll stop.
salguodgrubmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
"The mass media does not reveal reality; it masks it. It doesn't help bring about change; it helps avoid change. It doesn't encourage democratic participation; it induces passivity, resignation, and selfishness. It doesn't generate creativity; it creates consumers." Eduardo Galeano, 1992
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote