Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lawn & Garden

Notices

Old 10-15-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
chitlin

Rep Power: 0 chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all
Blue Ribbon Sugar Cane

Where is the sugar cane? When I was young we grew this type of sugar cane, mostly to make syrup. To this day I can't eat cane syrup, but the juice from this type of cane was great. We would cut it about now and a friend had a small mill. He would hook a mule to the grinder and we would feed the cane in and press it. The juice coming out was dark brown and delicious, almost cinnamon flavored. I hate the syrup. This was a different cane than in South La. Seems like they sold it at stores about this time. What happened Iloved eating sugar cane. A friend of mine brought me some the other day and It brought back a lot of memories.
chitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:47 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Chitlin, maybe try the Farmer's Market "Fall Market". I wouldn't be surprised if one of the booths had some sugar cane for sale.

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2762
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitlin View Post
Where is the sugar cane? When I was young we grew this type of sugar cane, mostly to make syrup. To this day I can't eat cane syrup, but the juice from this type of cane was great. We would cut it about now and a friend had a small mill. He would hook a mule to the grinder and we would feed the cane in and press it. The juice coming out was dark brown and delicious, almost cinnamon flavored. I hate the syrup. This was a different cane than in South La. Seems like they sold it at stores about this time. What happened Iloved eating sugar cane. A friend of mine brought me some the other day and It brought back a lot of memories.
Hey Chitlin I did not know you had your own school for child raising! I bet you could use a stalk of sugar cane to beat that ass !

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/movie.php?detail=226

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:29 AM   #4
chitlin

Rep Power: 0 chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all chitlin is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Hey Chitlin I did not know you had your own school for child raising! I bet you could use a stalk of sugar cane to beat that ass !

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/movie.php?detail=226

Dat's what Mamma'n dem be talkin about. That woman learnt from me.
chitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitlin View Post
Dat's what Mamma'n dem be talkin about. That woman learnt from me.

Then just who is this chitlin ?
http://www.shreveport.com/forums/movie.php?detail=227
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #6
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I have no idea what I just saw? Was he retarded or on a tranquilizer??

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I think he went through the communion line about a dozen times too many that day....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

He looked like he had been huffing glue