sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Cowboys’ Legendary Running Back Tony Dorsett with Tom Pace

Cowboys’ Legendary Running Back, Tony Dorsett 1-on-1 with Tom Pace

His thoughts on Michael Vick– how the dogfighting scandal hurt everyone

By Tom Pace, Executive Editor, SBLive!
November 5, 2007

Former Cowboys’ running back, and NFL Hall of Fame great, Tony Dorsett arrived in Shreveport Monday, November 5th, to help in the grand opening of the Shreveport office for the newly formed Hall of Fame Mortgage.

In a very candid, one-on-one conversation with Talk of the Town’s Tom Pace, Dorsett was very succinct about the Michael Vick dogfighting scandal. He believes Vick waited too long to show remorse – that his continued denial was his ultimate downfall.

Listen, as Dorsett talks to the youth, regarding Michael Vick, that you must be accountable for your actions. He goes on to say, he hopes when the judge imposes the sentence on Vick, that he takes into consideration what Vick has already suffered, as far as loss of income, and the cost to his family.

In a special videotaped exclusive interview, Dorsett, who played for the Cowboys’ 12 years , (13 if you count the year on injured reserve) told me that it’s no secret, the NFL players today are bigger, and faster…the hits, much more physical that when he played in the 70’s & 80’s.

Dorsett also compares Legendary Cowboys’ head coach Tom Landry, to current Super Bowl winning Colts head coach Tony Dungy, saying they’re a whole lot alike in their work ethic and love of their players and the game.

Note: It’s nice to see there are still positive role models remaining in sports like Tony Dorsett and Mel Renfro.

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Best be careful there Tom... Interviewing all these Cowboy players.. the fine folks of SBLive! are likely to turn on ya !!!!

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
Tom Pace
Editor

Rep Power: 0 Tom Pace has a spectacular aura about Tom Pace has a spectacular aura about Tom Pace has a spectacular aura about
Smile Equal Time for the Saints

Anytime Saints are in town - I AM THERE!
Bring 'em on. I believe in being fair to all.
Tom Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I find it odd that I was a Cowboys fan all my life up until Katrina, and now I'm a Saints fan since Katrina... I guess I'm all for the underdog who struggles to persevere... Or maybe the art of being a fan is contagious and Latenight has gotten to me.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I find it odd that I was a Cowboys fan all my life up until Katrina, and now I'm a Saints fan since Katrina... I guess I'm all for the underdog who struggles to persevere... Or maybe the art of being a fan is contagious and Latenight has gotten to me.
Don't take it to hard.. I believe being a 'cowboys' fan in Shreveport is a pretty common occurrence.

Although I was born a yankee.. my mother was born in New Orleans, my father from Bossier City, they met at LSU in Baton Rouge.. So I latched onto the Saints and LSU tigers at a very early age... Not a real big college football fan myself... but the Tigers are fun to watch. But I'll always watch the Saints play.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote