Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Old 12-22-2006, 12:13 AM   #1
Tomoshibi

Rep Power: 0 Tomoshibi has a spectacular aura about Tomoshibi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Tomoshibi Send a message via Yahoo to Tomoshibi
A Pagan's Theories on Recinarnation

Reincarnation

This is an article I wrote on the theories of Reincarnation. Naturally, there is no way to verify them, but they offer a comforting perspective on the subject of death. There are a number of comparisons to the Christian Ascension Theory and several points that contradict it. However, I mean no disrespect or offense to the Christian path.

Quote:
What happens when we die? This is a question that has haunted our race since the dawn of man's existence. The mystery of death is often feared and most people go to extreme limits to avoid it. Survival is at the base of our very primal instincts. Those who choose to face it in service of others are called heroes. However, we still do not know what happens after death. Every major religion has its own accepted theory of what occurs after death, but the two most widely accepted theories are reincarnation and ascension.
Ascension is primarily the Christian theory that discusses the soul's ascension to another plane of existence (Heaven or Hell) following death, depending on how you lived your life. Reincarnation involves an eternal cycle of death and rebirth for each soul. Reincarnation will be explained here. Reading this with an open mind, you will come to realize how natural reincarnation is and how it aligns with other natural cycles in our world.... Click the link for the whole article.
Reincarnation

Read and comment, but do NOT flame.

Last edited by Tomoshibi; 11-28-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Tomoshibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #2
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice

I would never flame ! Did I miss something here. Was there more copy that is missing from this post. That was a very general statement. Could you give more detail ?
Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
Tomoshibi

Rep Power: 0 Tomoshibi has a spectacular aura about Tomoshibi has a spectacular aura about
Yes, there is more. I only posted the opening here because I wanted to keep the post fairly short. The whole article is on the link above it.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Yes I read it

Do not agree. Keep those post short and to the point
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoshibi View Post
Yes, there is more. I only posted the opening here because I wanted to keep the post fairly short. The whole article is on the link above it.
I just watched part of a show on National Geo and they where showing Pagans practicing "Sky Clad" My question to Tomoshibi is do you practice sky clad ??

Click image for larger version

Name:	saha.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1894

zuibun mae no koto ni naru kedo ano toki no yakusoku wo oboete iru kai?

yuuhi ga shizumu magiwa no kyou****su de iron na koto wo katariatta darou?
ore ga baka datta no ka? anna yumemonogatari wo unomi ni ****e made
dakedo ima no sono omae no kawari you wa nan da?

michibata ni saku yowayowashii hana wo fumitsubu****e mitari...
iya da to wakatteru no ni heiki de tsumi wo nasuritsukete mitari...
sore ga otona ni naru tte iu koto naraba ore wa kyohi suru...
sore ga otona ni naru tte iu koto naraba...

mou iwanai ano yakusoku wo chikatta toki no omae wa koko ni inain darou?
itsumademo isshoni waraeru nante honki de shinjiteta ore wo kono mama houtte oite

dakara ore wa wasureru koto ni ****an da...

michibata ni saku yowayowashii hana wo fumitsubu****e mitari...
iya da to wakatteru no ni heiki de tsumi wo nasuritsukete mitari...
sore ga otona ni naru tte iu koto naraba ore wa kyohi suru...
sore ga otona ni naru tte iu koto naraba...

kono rousoku no you na tomoshibi ga kiete shimatta to ****e mo...

ano kako wa kie wa shinai.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
A fascinatin and well written article, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you, Tomoshibi.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:11 PM   #7
Tomoshibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I just watched part of a show on National Geo and they where showing Pagans practicing "Sky Clad" My question to Tomoshibi is do you practice sky clad ??
No, I don't do sky clad myself. I prefer wearing ritual regalia such as cloaks, medalions, and such.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Yeah.....good luck with that.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:12 PM   #9
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I get all of my religious history/theory from Cracked Magazine.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:35 PM   #10
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post

That makes sense.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:44 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
You just love that crack no matter what kind of crack it is ! Self reliance is just perfect for you jp. I bet you are a sky clad kind of guy.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoshibi View Post
Reincarnation

This is an article I wrote on the theories of Reincarnation. Naturally, there is no way to verify them, but they offer a comforting perspective on the subject of death. There are a number of comparisons to the Christian Ascension Theory and several points that contradict it. However, I mean no disrespect or offense to the Christian path.

Reincarnation

Hey Sir Tom,
I would like to sit back on the hill a watch some sky clad gals dancing around the fire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Girls Skyclad.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1899
Old 11-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #13
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
I read it and I disagree, but I also think the writing was flawed. I am not flaming you, but if you think your argument was well thought out and presented you are mistaken. You only provide support for your view, and for the opposing view you offer only criticism. Then you haughtily state: Now that you are familiar with the theories of reincarnation, you can better form your own theory on the matter. This is likely as close to knowing the truth as we will ever come. However, I find it wiser to base theories on observed truth instead of basing theories on other theories. The truth is you have spoon fed only your dogma hoping that the weak minded will swallow it down like pablum. If you were truly convinced that any intelligent reader could be swayed to your particular fantasy then you would have presented both the PROs and CONs of BOTH theories. But the TRUTH is that you likely DON'T KNOW enough about Christianity or ascension theory as you describe it to intelligently present both sides. I do not fault you for this as I wouldn't feel particularly qualified to tackle either issue, but I do know when someone tries to piddle on my leg and tell me it's raining.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #14
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>If you were truly convinced that any intelligent reader could be swayed to your particular fantasy then you would have presented both the PROs and CONs of BOTH theories.

That is not a tenet of a successful argument. A successful argument offers the strengths of one side and the weaknesses of the other. Otherwise it's news, not an argument.

If you were arguing with me about whether or not the world was flat, would you give any evidence that supported my (obviously wrong) argument that it was, indeed, flat? Of course not.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #15
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
au contraire my bum watching friend. If I were truly convinced that I was right then I could confidently take the pros of your argument and refute them, or at least cast serious doubt as to their validity.

If you don't do this then you have not proven anything and you have not won the argument. You're example regarding whether or not the world is flat is an excellent example of this.

More esoteric are faith based arguments, where you cannot "prove" anything. I don't agree with Tomoshibi's views, but I respect his right to choose his own "path" as I think he would say. However, I was not the one who was pretending to tell the truth and the whole truth so that others could make an informed decision, when in fact I had not.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote