Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Dog saves owner with Heimlick maneuver

O.k. I'm as big a dog fan as you'll ever find. But I'm having a hard time believing this story.

Owner Says Dog Saved Her With 'Heimlich'

Quote:
Toby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner choking on a piece of fruit and began jumping up and down on the woman's chest. The dog's owner believes the dog was trying to perform the Heimlich maneuver and saved her life.
Attached Images

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
My dogs would do it just so they could get a piece of whatever I might spit out!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Like a dog returning to its vomit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
My dogs would do it just so they could get a piece of whatever I might spit out!
That is sick Do you mouth feed your k-9 pack ? Oh my ! I see why you get mad when I call them mutts. Pack animals they are
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
No, I don't mouth feed my babies. Please Isaac stop confusing my doggies with your Heinz 57's. It's not nice. Mine are always just sitting around waiting for a morsel to fall from your hand! And if it doesn't they'll gladly take it.

You are sick! I wish they had a gagging smiley. I sure could use it now.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Nice photo of that fox squirrel

Quote:
No, I don't mouth feed my babies. Please Isaac stop confusing my doggies with your Heinz 57's. It's not nice. Mine are always just sitting around waiting for a morsel to fall from your hand! And if it doesn't they'll gladly take it.

Is that the one that got fried in the pump house why would you put a bow on the head of a squirrel ? Who is Alpha ***** in the pack ?
Isaac
Old 03-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

I am the pack leader! Dont you watch Cesar? "You have to be the pack leader"!

No that's not my dog in the avatar. Mine are only that clean for two hours after they leave the groomer then it's back to rolling in the pasture. Of course the white snowball prefers swimming daily in the pond and then follows up with a roll in some mud and sand. She's so cool!
Old 03-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
In dunno about gagging, but will these do?

Have fun!
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #8
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Anime is my HERO!!!!!!!Thanks!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #9
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Just for the public record, the snowfluff Rosie after training today went almost 3 for 3 at the park. Turns out she's not such a nice dog after all if you try to bother her 12 y/o child she guards!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Was someone "nagging" her ?

Quote:
Just for the public record, the snowfluff Rosie after training today went almost 3 for 3 at the park. Turns out she's not such a nice dog after all if you try to bother her 12 y/o child she guards!
You know there are some things that no dog will put up with. Knowing your dog is very important and having a tight lead so she will not cause you to have to go to court. That is how PI lawyers make money. Muzzle that wolf before you get sued. No really smart dog for the breed they are great for family protection but a walk in the park may not be best.
Isaac
Old 03-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #11
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
O.k. I'm as big a dog fan as you'll ever find. But I'm having a hard time believing this story.

Owner Says Dog Saved Her With 'Heimlich'
Some of these stories are just too much. The dog wasn't trying to do the heimlich, he thought she was laying down to play so he was joining in. I could say more but well........ it's too tasteless to say.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #12
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I saw this whole thing on the news. Did you catch what the dog did with the fruit?
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:40 PM   #13
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I saw this whole thing on the news. Did you catch what the dog did with the fruit?
No I didn't but should i ask?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #14
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
No I didn't but should i ask?
LOL, yea, this I gotta hear!
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #15
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Please say he ate it! Please please please say it! So Isaac will have to eat his words.