Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Culture & Community

Notices

Old 04-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Shreveport/Bossier rivalry!

Why do Shreveporter's hate Bossier so much? Everybody I know from Shreveport is constantly putting Bossier down! Is it an insecurity? Bossier has a lot going on and is rapidly growing. It has great schools, great food, great people, great shopping and is SAFE! What's the deal?
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #2
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
I think Shreveporters have an illusion they are better,richer, safer, and more fun than there counterparts in Bossier. As I have always heard,,, Ignorance is blissfulness. Their self ingrained mentality doesn't allow perspective nor a fair sense of judgment. I was borned and raised in Shreveport, bought a house in Bossier, and only moved back to Shreveport for proximity to work. Big Mistake
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo kramer
Why do Shreveporter's hate Bossier so much?
Railroad crossings!!! Other than that, I love Bossier!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
I think they have a plan to go over or under the railroad at benton road.
Has anyone heard an update about this?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #5
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Why do Shreveporter's hate Bossier so much? Everybody I know from Shreveport is constantly putting Bossier down! Is it an insecurity? Bossier has a lot going on and is rapidly growing. It has great schools, great food, great people, great shopping and is SAFE! What's the deal?
I agree Cosmo! BC does get a bad rep! I've lived in both and prefer BC for all the reasons you've mentioned! Although I will say I enjoy Shreveport shopping and I absolutely HATE Airline Drive!
By the way how's Elaine??
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #6
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Hey Cosmo I feel like we have a connection? Does the name Dukie Delores mean anything to you????
Old 04-13-2007, 10:45 PM   #7
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
I like Shreveport better. I don't live there, but I would rather shop and eat in Shreveport. Overall, I think it is prettier.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:09 AM   #8
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Well, Pocahontas, yes Dukie Delores sounds somewhat familiar. Hmmm...let me think back to my past. Ah yes...white uniform, SAS shoes, short gray hair and military like forceful drinkage of a glassful of whole milk and licking your plate clean! UGgg
Old 04-14-2007, 03:47 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Tell them how it really is in Bossier

Quote:
Well, Pocahontas, yes Dukie Delores sounds somewhat familiar. Hmmm...let me think back to my past. Ah yes...white uniform, SAS shoes, short gray hair and military like forceful drinkage of a glassful of whole milk and licking your plate clean! UGgg
We have a good, safe and clean city. The police will not put up witht gangters like in Shreveport and the schools are great. I know Cosmo you are just calling a spade a spade
Isaac

Welcome aboard Kramer I love that show.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:17 AM   #10
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Cosmo ! Welcome to SBLive!

I'll tell you right now. I grew up in Bossier, spent some of my best years living in South Bossier, Went to Curtis, Elm Grove, and finally, Parkway Highschool.

And right after that have been a shreveporter ever since.
I have plenty of great memories of Bossier, and at that the same time, I don't miss the traffic on Airline, or the traffic on Barksdale Blvd. And lately, the traffic on 70th st. I don't miss being stopped by a train every night, or that smell of Bossier as you would head over the Barksdale Hyw Bridge into Bossier.

What's the saying "You can never go home again" maybe that's why I feel the way I do about Bossier City.

Glad to see you on the boards there Cosmo.

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #11
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Another thought on the matter...

Quote:
I see mothers of preschoolers all the time freaking out because their 4 yr. old might not pass the admissions test to one of the Shreveport magnet schools.
I mean they are stressing these poor little ones out trying to train them for the test! In BC that's not a problem! ALL the schools are good and equivalent to magnets. Also the AIM program is an option for children that need more stimulation and challenges.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #12
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Hey LateNight,
Well glad to know you grew up on this side of the river! The smells not too bad now because of all the pollen, nobody can smell anything! I think the traffic is SO bad because everybody is flocking over here to get away from all the mess everywhere else. Once we get that new shopping area over by 220 with tons of stores and good places to eat, maybe we'll get you back over this way. Oh, and Starbuck's across the street...gotta stop there every morning and spend my $4.25 on a latte! I'll keep you posted on our progress!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #13
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
I think the traffic is SO bad because everybody is flocking over here to get away from all the mess everywhere else. Once we get that new shopping area over by 220 with tons of stores and good places to eat, maybe we'll get you back over this way. Oh, and Starbuck's across the street...gotta stop there every morning and spend my $4.25 on a latte! I'll keep you posted on our progress!
LOL to my knowledge, the traffic in Bossier has been bad since at least the late 80's. I don't hold out much hope of me ever moving back into Bossier City, but stranger things have happened. Some 10 years ago, I lived smack dab in the middle of Shreveport. And the occassioinal sound of gunfire, sent me looking for a new place to live for me and my family. We did a bit of looking in Bossier for a new house. But our choice ended up putting us in North Shreveport.. outside the city limits. The idea being that out here, we could get much more home and land for our money than any place in Bossier could offer.

Thanks to 220, I'm able to hop over to those stores found on the end of airline drive, like home depot etc.. in just a few minutes.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:08 PM   #14
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I just have a few words on this matter..

Thank God I'm a Country Girl!

There is nothing better than life in the country. Try it, you'll like it!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #15
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Hi Pocahontas,
You are right on the testing for magnet schools. Caddo has seen the demise of their public schools because of the magnet program! Where does that leave the "average Joe"? Mainstreamed in with a bunch of losers who don't care if they pass or fail that will probably be "flippin burgers" for the rest of their lives! What ever happened to neighborhood schools? Bossier doesnt bus kids all over town like the rest of the country! THey go to school with the same kids from kindergarden until graduation! That's why their sports are so good. THey have been playing together forever!