Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Historic Photos

Notices

Old 10-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Comments on: Kon Tiki

Reader comments and feedback for the Kon Tiki photo.
This image is part of the Historic Photos photo gallery

Youree Drive<br />
This place has been around forever in my experience - from when the name itself added a swank-ness to your evening and a childhood imagination of what it must have been like inside. <br />
<br />
~4/2000<br />
<br />
<br />
See the sign shadow dead center here:<br />
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=32.453882~-93.721969&style=h&lvl=19&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&encType=1
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't been in there in a while, but I'll say one thing the decor never seems to change! Hawaiian shirts, blue hairs, and bamboo are what comes to mind!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Pocahontas
Yeah I was dissapointed when my interior shots came out blured and the only good ones were the drinks glasses - but you caught the atmosphere allright.

S'port is such a time capsule.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
You did do a great job on those exotic drink shots! I can't for the life of me remember what that big beverage is called that everyone shares at the table with straws???

Jennifer Aniston
Old 10-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
The Mule Kicker?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #6
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
There's a specific drink usually served that way, the "Scorpion".
Old 10-05-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I love to eat there but my wife does not care for it. I remember when they shot a guy hiding in the bathroom. I believe they call the mens room Kane !
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
That's right, Scorpion Bowls.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #9
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Click image for larger version

Name:	The%20Scorpion%20Bowl%20at%20Zombie%20Hut1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1540
Yes that's it! Here's a pic of one at another restaurant.

Jennifer Aniston
Old 10-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Attachment 1540
Yes that's it! Here's a pic of one at another restaurant.
I think there was a time in Monroe that we did this at Tonga Island I remember those long straws with all that backwash
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #11
j.nc
Advanced Member

"Tonga Island" - LOL - I've been trying to think of the name of that place for years. In some mall. Thanks I-S.

They called their bowl drink the 007 right? Or at least one of them. Flames were involved somehow? Trying to remember. If they served food there... never bothered.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nc View Post
"Tonga Island" - LOL - I've been trying to think of the name of that place for years. In some mall. Thanks I-S.

They called their bowl drink the 007 right? Or at least one of them. Flames were involved somehow? Trying to remember. If they served food there... never bothered.
They would pour 151 on top and light it for the flaming scorpion. We would take our dates from LA Tech to Funroe and let them drink from the fountain of youth at Tonga Island then bring them back to Ruston for the rest of the party.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rumor mill says the Kon Tiki was just sold and will making some major changes in decor and menu.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #14
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Rumor mill says the Kon Tiki was just sold and will making some major changes in decor and menu.
Someone said that it was going to change to Italian food ? That seems strange I would think a steakhouse and sushi bar would be nice there. I guess the older group can go to Dons or Pickle Barrel or Lubys.
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote