Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #31
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Sounds like a lawyer.
Not all lawyers are bad. I am encouraging my son to become a lawyer someday. (we need a lawyer in the family)

May I suggest something like "rich liberal trial lawyer" or other discriptive adjective(s) that better describe THAT kind of lawyer. (whatever THAT is)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #32
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Well, he is a lawyer so he does know how to spin things. However, I do think he is genuinely concerned for his wife. Is he going to use her illness to help his vote? Probably. But still I can not judge his actions, he has to live with it.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #33
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Sounds like Mr. Edwards is using this as publicity. That has nothing to do with politics. Wait... that's political trickery. Sounds like a lawyer.
Ya nailed it!

Look everyone...even though my wife's cancer has returned, Im willing to serve as your president because we feel it would be selfish and wrong to deprive the nation of my leadership. No...no, I've made my decision, please dont try to talk me out of it.

Typical "slip-n-fall" lawyer "sympathy grab" tactics. The man has no shame.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 03-26-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #34
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
He really does not have any shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Ya nailed it!

Look everyone...even though my wife's cancer has returned, Im willing to serve as your president because we feel it would be selfish and wrong to deprive the nation of my leadership. No...no, I've made my decision, please dont try to talk me out of it.

Typical "slip-n-fall" lawyer "sympathy grab" tactics. The man has no shame.
He does not stand a chance anyway so do the right thing and take care of his wife first and he can do two or three PI cases a year and make all the money he needs. Oh but don't you dare say anything about his politics or you will be insulting his wife and him ! Democrats
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 PM   #35
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Texasbelle, all I can say if you think you pay a lot of taxes now. let John Edwards or another democrat be elected president and you will see even higher taxes. Yes, congress is the one who votes on taxes, but a president can veto bills that raise taxes. Also, a president can ask congress to pass a bill to increase taxes. I do think he is using his wife's illness to get votes.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:31 AM   #36
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Please don't doubt that I am a Republican through and through. Hell would have to freeze over before I ever voted for a Democrat. I only think I can't judge their motives too harshly. It's really not my place. Personally I think Isaac is right that he really is not going to go far with this. He didn't the last time. Either Hillary or Obama Bin Laden will get the Democratic nomination.

We shudder at the thought of any Democrat being elected to the White House. We KNOW our taxes are going to get higher which is a very scary thought.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:40 AM   #37
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Time for a back lash to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Please don't doubt that I am a Republican through and through. Hell would have to freeze over before I ever voted for a Democrat. I only think I can't judge their motives too harshly. It's really not my place. Personally I think Isaac is right that he really is not going to go far with this. He didn't the last time. Either Hillary or Obama Bin Laden will get the Democratic nomination.

We shudder at the thought of any Democrat being elected to the White House. We KNOW our taxes are going to get higher which is a very scary thought.
I think the bleeding hearts will see how greedy and mean the Dems are and by the time 08 comes around there will be a major out cry from Christian America and it will come at the cost of the Dems. John Edwards cares more about his career than anything and he has always been that way let us say he came up a top lawyer and in order to be that you must not have much heart when it comes to doing what is morally correct. Why would he change now. No he will not get the nomination so bow out and gain some respect from his family and the country.
Isaac
Old 03-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #38
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:

Oh but T-Belle, it most definitly IS your place to judge their motives. "Government by consent of the governed" means YOU and I and all the other little people are the masters. Our PUBLIC SERVANTS need to be reminded of this sacred truth from time to time. If someone wants to "serve" in our highest executive leadership position, they must be prepared to endure the closest scrutiny, answer the most prying questions, satisfy every curiosity.

As for the party system, BOTH of the main parties are self-serving and corrupt. They are focused only on enriching themselves at the taxpayer's expense. Voting along party lines only enables and perpetuates the corruption. Until this sad situation changes (and that day might come sooner than later), there can never really BE honest and effective leadership. So please, dont ever blindly follow a "party". You would be doing the country a disservice. Cast your vote for the best candidate for the job, whoever you think that to be.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #39
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Oh but T-Belle, it most definitly IS your place to judge their motives. "Government by consent of the governed" means YOU and I and all the other little people are the masters. Our PUBLIC SERVANTS need to be reminded of this sacred truth from time to time.
(In my best Cameron voice)
Ferris Beuller, you're my hero!

More rep points for Al!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #40
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

You know that I love you Al right? But I am going to disagree a little here. I can't judge his motives 100%. Do I think he might be using a situation to further his motives? Yes. But what are his motives? You and I don't know except he wants to be President. I think we are going to have to hear from him a little more to really wade through his rhetoric and decide what we actually think those motives are.

Do you listen to Sean Hannity? I listened to him last week and heard him discussing the idea of a new party of conservatives, people willing to stop all this crap of "party lines" and people like us willing to have a conscience. His thoughts are just like yours which are just like mine. It is definitely what I would like to see happen.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:52 AM   #41
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Quote:
You know that I love you Al right? But I am going to disagree a little here. I can't judge his motives 100%. Do I think he might be using a situation to further his motives? Yes. But what are his motives? You and I don't know except he wants to be President. I think we are going to have to hear from him a little more to really wade through his rhetoric and decide what we actually think those motives are.

Do you listen to Sean Hannity? I listened to him last week and heard him discussing the idea of a new party of conservatives, people willing to stop all this crap of "party lines" and people like us willing to have a conscience. His thoughts are just like yours which are just like mine. It is definitely what I would like to see happen.
You're very sweet, T-Belle. Disgreement is the "spice of life" here on the boards. I must confess that my suspicions are automatically aroused when someone, anyone, emerges who WANTS this job. I've always believed that we would be best served by someone who clearly eschews this position of vast power, but accepts it out of a sense of patriotism, obligation and responsibility, as opposed to someone who actively seeks and campaigns for it. To that end, I'd like to see a system whereby nominations for candidacy are submitted not by political parties but by a non-party affiliated or apolitical citizenry whose only agenda is the welfare and stability of the country. Such candidates could refuse nomination ONLY if they could show physical, mental, and emotional unsuitability. The nominations would be tallied, with the candidates with the most nominations advancing for a runoff, the winner then being tasked with serving as president for a specified term, remaining eligible for re-election as long as there is overwhelming popular demand.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 03-28-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:54 AM   #42
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

That is a easy choice

Quote:
Oh but T-Belle, it most definitly IS your place to judge their motives. "Government by consent of the governed" means YOU and I and all the other little people are the masters. Our PUBLIC SERVANTS need to be reminded of this sacred truth from time to time. If someone wants to "serve" in our highest executive leadership position, they must be prepared to endure the closest scrutiny, answer the most prying questions, satisfy every curiosity.

As for the party system, BOTH of the main parties are self-serving and corrupt. They are focused only on enriching themselves at the taxpayer's expense. Voting along party lines only enables and perpetuates the corruption. Until this sad situation changes (and that day might come sooner than later), there can never really BE honest and effective leadership. So please, dont ever blindly follow a "party". You would be doing the country a disservice. Cast your vote for the best candidate for the job, whoever you think that to be.
Fish from the right side of the boat. Vote for the Grand Old Party
Good morning Al
Isaac
Old 03-28-2007, 09:22 AM   #43
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I'm not even a registered voter myself nor a supporter of any political party. I wonder how parties got started. I remember looking down the list of presidents back in high school and seeing the various parties listed by their names. There use to be the Whig party and Lincoln was elected under a party called the "Democratic Republicans" (not very original, are they?).

In short, what is the actual purpose of the political parties?
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #44
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

In short, what is the actual purpose of the political parties?

To sit down and have a drink right late night ? Some like wine and some like beer and then there are others that like whiskey We have Rep, Dems and swing voters.
Isaac
Old 03-28-2007, 09:36 AM   #45
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Anime, this is your SB Board Mother...(aka Texasbelle) why are you not a registered voter? It is one of your most precious rights as an American. People have given their lives defending your right to exercise your vote and make a difference in this country. Now son, you need to take care of that business right away. This country needs for each and every one of us to stand up, exercise all of our rights as in voting, and try to make a difference to bring this country back to a good place. Do you really want Hillary as your next president?

As for what purpose the parties serve? At this point, I think the purpose is solely to argue with each other. I am sure Al has something to say to answer your question better than I. He is the old wise one.