Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 06-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #31
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Top 10 more things I really do hate:

10.Getting popcorn skin stuck in my teeth
9. An empty box of bandaids in the cubbard
8. Three words: Nose hair trimmers
7. Cell phone ringtones
6. My kids standing in the pantry saying "We have nothing to eat"
5. Microsoft Certified Engineers learning TCP/IP
4. A puck inside John DeCaro's net
3. Spilling groceries when I open my SUV's rear hatch
2. Crab fishing in a storm when Directv goes out
1. When old ladies named Rose throw huge diamonds off the back of ships
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #32
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Rhertz, have you ever had your kids change your cell phone ring tone to a really embarrassing one and you didn't know it until it rang???????????

I was in Barnes and Noble one afternoon sitting there quietly reading a magazine when all of a sudden there is a loud fart noise that comes from my purse!!!! It was my cell phone! But everybody around looked at me. My kids had changed my ring tone to this very pleasant noise and then walked to the other side of the store and called me from their cell phone!

The kids haven't been seen since! jk
Old 06-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #33
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Hey Rhertz, have you ever had your kids change your cell phone ring tone to a really embarrassing one and you didn't know it until it rang???????????

I was in Barnes and Noble one afternoon sitting there quietly reading a magazine when all of a sudden there is a loud fart noise that comes from my purse!!!! It was my cell phone! But everybody around looked at me. My kids had changed my ring tone to this very pleasant noise and then walked to the other side of the store and called me from their cell phone!

i am crying here thinking of this happening thats a good one I have to say. you must have boys!!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #34
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:

No fortunately I use Verizon which "crippled" its phones to only allow their ringtones. "Fart noise" is not currently in their list. Sometimes I just luck out.

But my kids do put Pug pictures on everyone's screen. I'm sure if they could make my phone fart at the same time, they would do it.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #35
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
i am crying here thinking of this happening thats a good one I have to say. you must have boys!!!!
As a matter of fact it was my oldest son that did it! There will come a day when he brings home some nice young lady he really wants to marry and I have these pictures, horribly embarressing pictures, I will be forced to drag out all because of the phone fart prank.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #36
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
As a matter of fact it was my oldest son that did it! There will come a day when he brings home some nice young lady he really wants to marry and I have these pictures, horribly embarressing pictures, I will be forced to drag out all because of the phone fart prank.
OK, you should get revenge sooner than that. First download a fart noise from:

http://www.fart-sounds.net/

Then go to your kids computer and go to start->control panel->sounds

then set the "default beep" to that fart sound file...........
Old 06-04-2007, 06:08 AM   #37
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Thank you Rhertz, just might do that!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #38
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Blue hair music sux big time.
The entire 80's pop music culture was a void in time. I really do not like the rap noise of today. Oh and one other thing people that bi-otch to much.
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #39
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

I sorry Belle but that is so funny.
My son one day when he went to work fixed the computer to get his sister. When she logged on the start bar disappeared, the mouse would work, the cd door opened and closed, messages would popup on the screen. We could not use it til he came home. But she told him I was mad because it was me that used it and he worried about that.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:42 AM   #40
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman
The entire 80's pop music culture was a void in time.
I totally agree. We were going along great in the 60's and 70's and bam, the 80's came along with "new wave" and "drum machines" and all sorts of crap.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #41
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Y'all want to feel old? Sgt. Pepper's turned 40 this weekend.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #42
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
For the benefit of Mr. Kite there will be a show tonight and be sure and watch out for Henry the Horse too
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #43
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
LOL I often felt that the 80's was a big disappointment as far as music goes.. but you know what.. looking back on it.. I feel that some of that stuff I hated back then.. today, sounds better than some of the crap I hear today

But I would also argue, there WAS plenty of good music as well just not all that crap they tried to shove down my throat via MTV and local radio

Back in the mid to late 80's you could often fine me at Humphrees in the Square or Enoch's listening to A-Train or the Bluebirds, and man what a good time that was !!
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #44
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
The 1980s was the best popular music era ever. People forget that the vast majority of the music in the 60s and 70s was really, really terrible because the good stuff was really good. For every Beatles/Stones/Beach Boys/Pink Floyd there were five million really, really awful bands. The worst era of popular music is the last 10-15 years.

For Christ's sake "Penny Lane" only made it to #2 on the British charts behind Engelbert Humperdinck's "Release Me." I'll say that again: "Penny Lane" was #2 on the British charts behind a song by Engelbert Humperdinck.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #45
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
the whole "Popular music chart" system has changed completely in the last 20-30 years..

Back in the day, the #1 song, heck the top 10 songs.. at any given time.. would most likely be known by anyone and everyone.

But today, the musical audience is so fragmented. so many channels, so many genres. I can't name a single top 10 song right now. probably doesn't help that I don't listen to the "Radio" anymore.

same can be said for T.V. used to be with just the 3 network channels that were out there, an audience for any given show was much larger.. now with all the damn stations we have now. Even a successful show, only garners a small fraction of the audience older shows used to.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote