Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 09-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #16
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
>What is real sad here is that if she had murdered this child two months before it would have been called abortion and it would have been legal.

1. That's not true.

2. If that were true why would it be sad?
Well now pole if you think that killing unborn children is a good thing then I can see why you do not think this is sad. Now you walk up and punch a pregnant woman and kill the baby you go to jail for fratricide. My thoughts on this are both are murder.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #17
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Still Polling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Never had the urge to throw my infant across the room either. Throwing you across the room Joe though is a whole other story.
That makes.......

Never had the urge =2
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #18
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Never had the urge #3!!!!!!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #19
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
o.k. so maybe I never had the "urge" but I will admit, there was a time or two.. when my first son very little.. doin' that middle of the night, pacing, holding on to him, with him just screamin'.. he probably had an ear infection at the time, and a fever.. and I was weary from lack of sleep.. there's those times when it's almost more than a person can handle.. now I never SHOOK him, but man there were times when I felt like I was at the end of my rope.

I've always wondered about parents of those kids who have collic (sp?) and they just cry and cry.. I've heard of that just driving some parents over the edge.

I'm not condoning anyone's actions here (I haven't even read the story) I'm just saying, I know that it can be "tough". me and wife took turns during those latenight episodes.. don't know how I would of handled it being a single parent.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #20
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
My first born was a colicky baby and no matter how long or hard she cried I never had the urge to throw her. Now I was tempted to throw my now ex-mother in law at the time who wanted to tell me everything I was doing wrong to cause the colic. I wonder how many of us have wanted to throw the mother in law!!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #21
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
My first born was a colicky baby and no matter how long or hard she cried I never had the urge to throw her. Now I was tempted to throw my now ex-mother in law at the time who wanted to tell me everything I was doing wrong to cause the colic. I wonder how many of us have wanted to throw the mother in law!!!!
LOL, I don't mind my "mother-in-law" so much.. it's the STEP-MOTHER-IN-LAW I got some real ****IN' issues with.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #22
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I never had the urge to throw an infant, but once my kiddos grew up and opened their smart mouth, well, they tested me. The good news is that we all made it out unscathed. I guess I pass the test.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:39 PM   #23
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Well now pole if you think that killing unborn children is a good thing then I can see why you do not think this is sad. Now you walk up and punch a pregnant woman and kill the baby you go to jail for fratricide. My thoughts on this are both are murder.

1. I don't think killing unborn children is a good thing.

2. It would only be fratricide if the kid was my brother.

I was asking why "If she had done this two months earlier it would have been legal" is sad. (assuming that was true, which it's not)
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #24
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Then killing partially born children is bad too right? That's the way I feel about it. Born, UnBorn, Partially Born, it doesn't matter to me. Killing is wrong. Well unless you kill (murder) someone first in cold blood. Then we ought to kill you right back (capital punishment) Hey I never said I was logical.....
Old 09-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #25
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Correct, I oppose abortion in any circumstance other than to save the life of the mother.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #26
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
>Well now pole if you think that killing unborn children is a good thing then I can see why you do not think this is sad. Now you walk up and punch a pregnant woman and kill the baby you go to jail for fratricide. My thoughts on this are both are murder.

2. It would only be fratricide if the kid was my brother.

I was asking why "If she had done this two months earlier it would have been legal" is sad. (assuming that was true, which it's not)
There is something known as late term abortion. I know you are math guy so go figure. Did you ever hear of the constipated mathematician ? He worked it out with a pencil
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #27
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
You guys talk about abortion but how can you ever know what a woman goes through. I am not for it or against it. The only thing I can say is, it is not for me, but I also believe it is not my place to tell the next person what they can do or can not do. It is their body and they have to live with their actions the way we all do. There are many reasons why women get abortions, some are parents that are ashamed of their child, Some are boyfriends that don;t want to step up and do right. Then there is rape victims or teens that are too young to have children mind wise. The only way I would ever consider one is rape. If you guys think you should be able to tell a woman about abortions then we should be able to talk about weinnie snipping [ I heard the ouch]. Do you think your sperm is not a living thing until it reaches an egg? Maybe when a guy has a snipping it should be against the law because you killed future babies. As for as this mother that killed her child, she never deserved a child. She should be sent to prison and made to have a hystertomy because she deserves never to have any child.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:35 PM   #28
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
Do you think your sperm is not a living thing until it reaches an egg?

Hey I'm no scholar, but every egg and every sperm cell is destined to die unless they are united. Then something special happens. Dying eggs and dying sperm is just part of the cycle of life. Destiny as it were. But once fertilized, a sustainable creature is formed. One that COULD last 100 years and become President or become a murderer or anything. It's a 50/50 deal no matter how you slant it.... (Human life is 50% male and 50%female)
Old 09-22-2007, 07:44 AM   #29
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
You guys talk about abortion but how can you ever know what a woman goes through. I am not for it or against it. The only thing I can say is, it is not for me, but I also believe it is not my place to tell the next person what they can do or can not do. It is their body and they have to live with their actions the way we all do. There are many reasons why women get abortions, some are parents that are ashamed of their child, Some are boyfriends that don;t want to step up and do right. Then there is rape victims or teens that are too young to have children mind wise. The only way I would ever consider one is rape. If you guys think you should be able to tell a woman about abortions then we should be able to talk about weinnie snipping [ I heard the ouch]. Do you think your sperm is not a living thing until it reaches an egg? Maybe when a guy has a snipping it should be against the law because you killed future babies. As for as this mother that killed her child, she never deserved a child. She should be sent to prison and made to have a hysterectomy because she deserves never to have any child.
You say your not for or against it but it is not for you
There is NEVER a good time to kill a child Never !
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #30
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
You say your not for or against it but it is not for you
There is NEVER a good time to kill a child Never !
That maybe, and no abortion is not for me. It is not something that I myself would do. But again it is not my place to tell another woman what to do with their body. They are the ones that have to live with their choice not me. Like I also said maybe we should start a campaign against weinne snipping. Are you going to say that is the man choice alone.