Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #16
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You are making Gulf Shores sound like the place I'll keep visiting. If you don't mind my asking, what made you move there? I hate traffic, so moving to a big city would just never happen for me. That alone would be a deal breaker.
Well my fiance is from this area and always wanted to move back and when he got the job offer that he couldn't pass up he took it. He said it's nothing like it was 10 yrs ago. I am from Houma, LA nothing like Shreveport or Bossier and to me Bossier and Shreveport were HUGE. When I moved here well it made those cities very small honestly.

I don't mind really i just choose not to leave the house during the crazy hours and if need to i let him drive
Old 03-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #17
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Traffic worse than Dallas eh ? yea, that would be a bit much for me. I'll take my casual drive to work any day, I pass up farms with cows, horses and see the occasional peacock or rooster
What is interesting here the country folks here are "hicks?" or backwoods or whatever I have seen some sites honestly but what is more interesting is the taxes i pay yearly are so massive and the country roads are ALL shell roads none are paved i'm talking about all streets off the main highway. WHere I am from all streets are paved, blacktop whatever if the city owns it now if its a private road you get shells.

You actually know anyone living out in the country (it's called loxahatchee or the acreage here) all their cars are actually white dust colored.

I use to live on an island in Houma, no joke we had 3 bridges and that was the only way off the island and if all 3 broke you were SOL! One was a pontoon if you don't know what that is search it on google floating bridge. I use to love leaving the house in bossier getting to work in 15 min from drive to desk no kidding now no way to drive 7 miles takes 40 min if you are lucky so yes worse than dallas i have driven in dallas and its nothing compared to what i have seen here
Old 03-29-2007, 06:21 AM   #18
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
heh....

Someone was just bragging to me about Shreveport yesterday and today I find out you have to pass a LAW to get people to pick up their own trash cans....

LAF!!!
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:34 AM   #19
scarlett
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
heh....

Someone was just bragging to me about Shreveport yesterday and today I find out you have to pass a LAW to get people to pick up their own trash cans....

LAF!!!
Honestly this happens everywhere I'm sure no one place is perfect to live
Old 03-29-2007, 07:44 AM   #20
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
Honestly this happens everywhere I'm sure no one place is perfect to live
My "acreage" all 18 of it in East Texas is just about perfect. No homeowners fees other than property taxes. No one but me worries about where my trash cans are (they are all put up). No nasty neighbors to deal with (other than cows wandering onto our property every now and then or the occassional snake!). It's quiet and peaceful. I can grow my own veggies. I can fish in my own pond and lay out by my own pool. It's great!!!!!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:21 AM   #21
scarlett
Advanced Member

Quote:
My "acreage" all 18 of it in East Texas is just about perfect. No homeowners fees other than property taxes. No one but me worries about where my trash cans are (they are all put up). No nasty neighbors to deal with (other than cows wandering onto our property every now and then or the occassional snake!). It's quiet and peaceful. I can grow my own veggies. I can fish in my own pond and lay out by my own pool. It's great!!!!!
I have lived both in the country w/ the snakes, cows, acres of land, neighbors very far away, lay out nekkie to sunbathe, etc and I still prefer the HOA fees with rules. I lived more than 1/2 my life in the country and I just can't seem to adjust the city is the place for me.

I do like knowing no one can put a manufactured home next to me where my house value will go down and also where their barn yard animals won't be using the bathroom in my yard.

Just my .03

This is what makes the world go round, no one 2 people think totally alike. Imagine if we did how boring this world would be.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #22
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
neighbors very far away, lay out nekkie to sunbathe

Quote:
I have lived both in the country w/ the snakes, cows, acres of land, neighbors very far away, lay out nekkie to sunbathe, etc and I still prefer the HOA fees with rules. I lived more than 1/2 my life in the country and I just can't seem to adjust the city is the place for me.

I do like knowing no one can put a manufactured home next to me where my house value will go down and also where their barn yard animals won't be using the bathroom in my yard.

Just my .03

This is what makes the world go round, no one 2 people think totally alike. Imagine if we did how boring this world would be.
So this is why you girls like living out in the country. Wonder what one would see on google earth Yes a full MOON and the grand teetons too
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #23
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
But you would have to know where to look!!!!!!! And then you might never know what you'd see!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #24
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Talking Only the plastic's man could tell the whole story

Quote:
But you would have to know where to look!!!!!!! And then you might never know what you'd see!
Yaaaaaaaaaaa know what I mean Once your start coloring you never stop kind of like plastics
Isaac
Old 03-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #25
scarlett
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
So this is why you girls like living out in the country. Wonder what one would see on google earth Yes a full MOON and the grand teetons too
Isaac
i hate the country!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #26
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Oh come on Scarlett

Quote:
i hate the country!!!
You hate the country and the military ? Having a bad day Cheer up purple eyes it will get better. Glad to see you on the board.
Isaac
Old 03-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #27
scarlett
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You hate the country and the military ? Having a bad day Cheer up purple eyes it will get better. Glad to see you on the board.
Isaac
I hate the country as for living in the country I love the city and would never live in the country again. As for hating the military I don't like the feeling of having someone trying to control my life. I feel if I am out of control then I would need someone but I am not so there is no need to try to control me or my money I work hard for. The military owns your ass if you are in it period and I personally would have never joined. But see I didn't and the gov't still owns my ass i pay them too much money and I don't know if I will see it in 25 yrs.

Not having a bad day actually the best day i have had in months really just giving an honest opinion like everyone else does