Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-21-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
First cars

Okay let's see what your first car looked like, or what you drve now.
Name:  64imss.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  19.4 KB Name:  64imss3.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  12.3 KB

This is what my first car looked like except it was brown. That was one tough car.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Fun thread!

First car (thanks Dad!!)
Click image for larger version

Name:	first car.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1144

Now car (thanks Mr. Belle )
Name:  now car.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  11.4 KB
Old 07-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
In my gallery:

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/vie...76&k2=1&gid2=0

It was either an 87 or an 89 (I think 89) Ford Ranger 4x4 with a 2.8L V6 and a 5 speed. I got it in March of 1993, at the end of my Junior year at Byrd. I kept it until the end of my first semester at LSU, when I bought my second car (and my first new car) a 1995 Acura Integra:

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/vie...76&k2=2&gid2=0

1.7L 4 cylinder (180hp) and a 5-speed but it weighed nothing. That was the car that I once got up to 140 on the bridge between Lafayette and Baton Rouge. That's the fastest I've ever gone on land.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:27 AM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
This is as close as I could find to my first!
The lovely Ford Galaxy 500! It was even ugly then, but I didn't care I had my freedom!

Name:	000630-200603-000120big.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1147

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:29 AM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
My first vehicle was a mail cart I bought in a postal auction

Name:	International-196_ScoutAllWheelRommieCheshier.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1148
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:55 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
First car was a truck. I was at LA Tech and working on a dairy to help pay my books and tuition for school. Did some hunting, fishing and rides to Wilmart on the Chatam Highway. We would pick up frozen drinks and head to horsefly lake and name we made up for the amount them around that lake way back in the woods you see. I can tell NO more as to what might have happened then

Name:	truckb1.jpg
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1149
Now days I have a truck and yes red has been my choice of color from get to go. I will always have a truck. It would be nice to have a car but the wife has that covered so I have CHOICE in my life

Name:	Red River 11-14-04 002.jpg
Size:	583.8 KB
ID:	1150
That boat is a fine tuned fishing machine. Please see LA Outdoors group
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Well let's see..
The year was oh.. 1984, I suppose after having experienced my brothers wrecking a few of the family cars, dear ol' dad wouldn't let me drive the family cars So I saved up my pennies and bought a motorcycle.. dear ol' dad just LOVED THAT

a few years later, 1987, saved up my pennies and bought a brand new/used 1976 Malibu Classic. I just loved this car, the stereo I put in this car cost as much as the car did
here's a pic taken from my 1st apartment balcony..

Here's a lousy a pic.. but this was a fun car.. this was a 1976 Pontiac Catalina.. a big ol' gas guzzling engine in this one.. Inherited this from my dad, who inherited it from his sister... the year was around 1994, and this '76 catalina had only 40,000 miles on it.

and my current pride and joy.. a real workhorse.. my brand new used Dodge Ram 1500

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Pokie, I think you should have went with this as your first car. It probably would have been a little shorter!!!

Name:	pocahontas.jpg
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1152
Old 07-22-2007, 10:00 AM   #9
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't that the truth!? I am much improved now! Nissan Pathfinder....a much better way for an Indian girl to find a trail!

Name:  2006pathfindersm.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  14.4 KB

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:59 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Well let's see..
The year was oh.. 1984, I suppose after having experienced my brothers wrecking a few of the family cars, dear ol' dad wouldn't let me drive the family cars So I saved up my pennies and bought a motorcycle.. dear ol' dad just LOVED THAT

a few years later, 1987, saved up my pennies and bought a brand new/used 1976 Malibu Classic. I just loved this car, the stereo I put in this car cost as much as the car did
here's a pic taken from my 1st apartment balcony..

Here's a lousy a pic.. but this was a fun car.. this was a 1976 Pontiac Catalina.. a big ol' gas guzzling engine in this one.. Inherited this from my dad, who inherited it from his sister... the year was around 1994, and this '76 catalina had only 40,000 miles on it.

and my current pride and joy.. a real workhorse.. my brand new used Dodge Ram 1500

It took some years but welcome to the full size pickup truck ! You must not be metro LN Now you have a horse that will work and play.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:20 PM   #11
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I was allowed to drive my moms car, but in October of '88 I bought my first car: 1980 Mazda RX7. I loved this car and kept it 14 years untill a tree fell on it (notice the speakers behind the seat!) I now drive a 1973 VW that I am currently restoring, nothing left but body/paint! And my next car will be the new CAMARO!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RX7 1.jpg
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1158  

Name:	Bug1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1159  

Name:	New Camaro 1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1160  

vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb
I was allowed to drive my moms car, but in October of '88 I bought my first car: 1980 Mazda RX7. I loved this car and kept it 14 years untill a tree fell on it (notice the speakers behind the seat!) I now drive a 1973 VW that I am currently restoring, nothing left but body/paint! And my next car will be the new CAMARO!
That is a classic you have there vixweb. Will you keep it the original color ? My wife had a RX-7 and that thing would haul ass. She took out a mailbox with it and I am glad that is not what she drives now
Old 07-22-2007, 12:42 PM   #13
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I'm gonna paint the Bug a darker blue-baby blue just isn't me! I've replaced the old VW seats with some nice buckets out of an'05 Acura-a much nicer ride.Yes,the Rx7 was pretty fast after a few MODS, And I think your wifes current Ride will protect her a little better from that mail box!
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #14
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
It took some years but welcome to the full size pickup truck ! You must not be metro LN Now you have a horse that will work and play.
LOL, I'm sure I've never been accused of being "metro"

Funny thing about that truck.. I swore for years, I'd never be caught dead in a pickup truck.. probably had something to do with all those "country boys" I went to highschool with in south bossier.. wasn't my "crowd"

But over the years.. between my hobby of wood working and other such things.. I was always needing a truck to go to home depot with, cartin' junk to the dump etc..

Finally decided to start looking for a used truck, found this one.. lots of miles on it, but in great condition. It gets a work out.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:18 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
LOL, I'm sure I've never been accused of being "metro"

Funny thing about that truck.. I swore for years, I'd never be caught dead in a pickup truck.. probably had something to do with all those "country boys" I went to highschool with in south bossier.. wasn't my "crowd"

But over the years.. between my hobby of wood working and other such things.. I was always needing a truck to go to home depot with, cartin' junk to the dump etc..

Finally decided to start looking for a used truck, found this one.. lots of miles on it, but in great condition. It gets a work out.
You may become a good old boy yet I live in south Bossier I spent all my early years in Shreveport. Capt. Shreve area. Your truck looks brand new. You would be amazed at how good it would look with a dead deer hanging out of the back make that two deer, one for you and one for me