Go Back   Shreveport.com > Support Forums > SBLive! What's New

Notices

Old 02-20-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Attention Members: New Feature Announcement

In order to help improve everyone's experience here on the SBLive! Forums, we have added a visible reputation indicator so that members may grade each others activity on the forums. As you may have already noticed, "Rep Points" and "Rep Power" are now displayed in the left column of all posts. Below is an explanation of what these are for and how you can use them.

Your reputation points known as "Rep Points" is a numeric grade for your activity. Rep Points are earned from several different sources (i.e. post count, date of membership, quality of your posts, etc.). You can gain more points quickly by taking part in the forums and making quality conversation. Your Rep Power is your ability to affect other members' Rep Points by voting in approval or disapproval of a particular post. If someone makes a post in the forum that you find useful, inspiring, or otherwise grand for whatever reason, you may click the small scale icon at the bottom of the left column (underneath their avatar picture) to leave a comment on their record. A good comment will add to their rep points based on your rep power. Conversely, if the poster was rude, spreading spam, or otherwise posted unwanted material in your opinion, you may leave a negative comment to deduct points from their reputation based on your rep power.

The reputation system is useful but it can appear complicated at first, and it may in turn raise some questions. Please post any questions that you may have and we will attempt to answer them. Here are some things to keep in mind to effectively use this new feature:
1. New members automatically receive 100 rep points and 0 rep power.
2. Members must have at least 100 posts in their count before their rep power will start to change.
3. Rep points are increased based on:
- How long you've been a member
- Good reputation comments added to your posts by other members
- Your increasing post count
4. Members can ONLY leave 10 rep comments per day.
5. Members cannot add reputation to the same person twice without adding reputation to at least 4 other members.
6. Members must be logged in to see the "small scale" icon in order to add to someones reputation.
7. If a member develops a high enough negative rating, the member is subject to temporary suspension from the forums.

We are hopeful that this system will help to encourage users to keep their posts full of useful information for everyone to share. SBLive! is a community website, and this new feature will put more control of moderation into the hands of the membership.

Last edited by sbl_admin; 02-20-2007 at 03:29 PM.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
What is the scale for points?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
sbl_admin
Administrator

There really is no defined scale by which the points go up. You get points for every month you are an active member, for posting a lot, and for receiving good comments from other members about your posts (via the scale icon). The number of Rep Points you get for a member's comment is based on how much Rep Power that member has.

Example:
Member A has 100 Rep Points and 20 Rep Power.
Member B has 150 Rep Points and 35 Rep Power.
Member A likes Member B's post and leaves a good comment.
Member B's Rep Points go up 20 points (based on A's Rep Power)

Also note that when you leave negative feedback, only half of your Rep Power comes from their Rep Points. In the above example, Member A leaving a bad comment on Member B would have removed only 10 points from Member B's Rep Points.

I hope this cleared things up a little.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Grand idea I do agree

My thanks to SBL for being on the ball and seeing the need for this.
The Saxxon
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #5
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
how do you get rep power? This is cool...kinda like a video game!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
sbl_admin
Administrator

You gain rep power by the same means as rep points, but you will gain fewer of them. You will also not have rep power at all until you at least have 10 rep points AND at least 100 posts.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Yup this is cool. Oh, I can feel the power now
Who can I knock down a few notches ??
and who can I applaud ?

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #8
Neo
Advanced Member

Thank you, and let the games begin.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I concur with Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Thank you, and let the games begin.
Let the games begin. Something like Lord of the Flies who is going to be Piggy ?
Isaac
Old 02-20-2007, 03:10 PM   #10
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
Good to see some regulations...Discipline in consistency and consistency is discipline..

Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Good to see you back Snow Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Man
Good to see some regulations...Discipline in consistency and consistency is discipline..

Snow Man
I thought you where gone for the winter. I too like the new point system but this is only the first day. It is about time you came out of the freezer.
Isaac
Old 02-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #12
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
63 replies otta be worth more than ten points, since I have not received any negative hate-mails
Old 02-20-2007, 03:21 PM   #13
Snow Man

I wonder if we can trade points for prizes. Maybe a trip for 2 to the north pole. Brrrrr feels good

Snow Man
Old 02-20-2007, 03:26 PM   #14
Snow Man

Thanks for the shout out Isaac. Think I got some of your mail by mistake?

SM
Old 02-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Nice to see you posting again

I guess its your right to cool chill some time what took you so long to post again. I know some think you are me and I am you but we do not even look the same. Keep up with those points
Isaac