Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 11-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Changjin (Choson) Reservoir

In an epic movement, the 1st Marine Division completed a successful fighting withdrawal through 78 miles of mountain roads in northeast Korea, starting at the Changjin (Choson) Reservoir and ending in mid-December with the amphibious evacuation of the Marines from the port of Hungnam, Korea. Although suffering over 4,000 battle casualties, and uncounted numbers of frostbite, Marine air and ground units had inflicted nearly 25,000 casualties on Chinese Communist forces.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Changjin.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1746

Click image for larger version

Name:	250px-Chosin-Retreat.gif
Views:	5
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1747

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm....George Orwell

I have not seen any threads that are historically related other than the historical photos group. SBL could we have a history forum ? I would be surprised if many of the avatars spend much time in the history books
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
I understand there were 30,000 American and British forces against over 60,000 chinese. The Chinese lost 25,000 to death, 30,000 to frostbite and lots more to who knows what, yet It's billed as a Chinese victory. How? I know alot of "okry" was tested in this battle. If I'm fighting over 2-1 against me and I get out of there after inflictiing major hurt, I win!

I've heard some first hand accounts of this, I'm glad I wasn't around.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl View Post
I understand there were 30,000 American and British forces against over 60,000 chinese. The Chinese lost 25,000 to death, 30,000 to frostbite and lots more to who knows what, yet It's billed as a Chinese victory. How? I know alot of "okry" was tested in this battle. If I'm fighting over 2-1 against me and I get out of there after inflictiing major hurt, I win!

I've heard some first hand accounts of this, I'm glad I wasn't around.
Good post purpahurl ! I see your okry is in good shape. Learn from the past or we are destine to repeat it !! All we have is history because the future has not yet happened.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote