Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Old 09-01-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Was Cain the Founder of China?

The suggestion that Cain or his near descendants founded the mysterious Chinese empire may, at first sight, be regarded as fantastic, but Chinese traditions and other considerations offer ground for such a theory. Just as Sargon of Akkad is said to have ruled over the black heads, so in Chinese tradition the first ruler is said to have "transformed the black-haired people" and to have made them "brightly intelligent." (**1) Just as Cain, if my deductions are correct, brought the knowledge of One God into Babylonia but substituted for His worship the worship of his own parents, so we find that in China both the knowledge of One God and the worship of ancestors existed as far back as history can reach.

SARGON THE MAGNIFICENT
by Mrs. Sydney Bristowe

Author of "THE OLDEST LETTERS IN THE WORLD"

http://www.docrob.100megsfree5.com/s...n004.htm#VIIIb

if you have time read on and you will be surprised at how clear the facts are when tracing lineage.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Interesting topic. I always thought Cain was heavily bearded (red hair?) while the Chinese don't have much facial hair. But I'm no scholar....

"one of those earliest rulers was known as the "Divine Agriculturist.....We have seen that the title of "Divine Agriculturist" was known in ancient Chinese history. Is it perhaps in memory of Cain, the first "tiller of the ground,"

I guess it's possible. Wasn't Abel a shepard, while Cain was an agriculturist? After being cursed to wander, where did he wander too? Africa? China?

"The Chinese were not the first inhabitants of the country in which they settled. Upon migrating to the Valley of the Yellow River they found aboriginal tribes already in possession and obtained the territory from them by conquest. These native tribes were pressed more and more south and west but were never exterminated."

Sounds similar to Amercian history 1000's of years later.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Issac, I'm curious what these Kansas lyrics referencing Cain mean if anything? I've heard them for years but never really listened or tried to figure it out.....

Kansas "Mysteries And Mayhem"
(Kerry Livgren / Steve Walsh)

Well I'm trying to tell you about a thing I thought I saw
It came to me in a dream one night
When a voice began to call
I heard my name being summoned as I looked around to see
A hooded judge and jury
There was no mercy there for me
Well I can't make it, I just can't figure it out
This dream is drivin' me crazy
I gotta know what it's all about
The mark is upon me, and the mark of Cain brings fear

A cold wind's blowin' right down my back
I'm runnin, I'm runnin' from a figure that's dressed in black
I think my legs are made out of lead
Cause I'm runnin' but I'm going nowhere
The bad dream is coming closer and closer
I got a feelin' he'll always be there
Forever is a long time to spend in agony
And the demons of confusion have got a place for me
The mark is upon me, and the mark of Cain brings fear

I was tired, so tired of runnin'
I had to turn and look around
I saw eyes that looked right through me
And a voice that made no sound
My body froze and I stood and stared, unearthly face before me
From the depths of a hooded nightmare, I saw what could not be
Mysteries and mayhem from the pinnacle I see
There's no answer when there's no question
The mark of Cain bears hard on me

FWIW, I also like this Kansas song..............

Kansas "The Wall"

I'm woven in a fantasy, I can't believe the things I see
The path that I have chosen now has led me to a wall
And with each passing day I feel a little more like something dear was lost
It rises now before me, a dark and silent barrier between,
All I am, and all that I would ever want be
It's just a travesty, towering, marking off the boundaries my spirit would erase

To pass beyond is what I seek, I fear that I may be too weak
And those are few who've seen it through to glimpse the other side,
The promised land is waiting like a maiden that is soon to be a bride
The moment is a masterpiece, the weight of indecision's in the air
It's standing there, the symbol and the sum of all that's me
It's just a travesty, towering, blocking out the light and blinding me
I want to see

Gold and diamonds cast a spell, it's not for me I know it well
The treasures that I seek are waiting on the other side
There's more that I can measure in the treasure of the love that I can find
And though it's always been with me, I must tear down the Wall and let it be
All I am, and all that I was ever meant to be, in harmony
Shining true and smiling back at all who wait to cross
There is no loss
Old 09-02-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I have to wonder just what David Gilmour really knows about the history of the time before time. Rhertz while you are grooving to the music check out these lyrics and try to read between the lines.

David Gilmour - High Hopes Lyrics

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begun

Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway
Do they still meet there by the Cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The life was brighter
With friends surrounded
The nights were wilder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by force of some inner tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfurled
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times

The grass was greener
The life was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist growing
The water flowing
The endless river
Forever and ever
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Good post. I never listened to Christian music much, but I've been listening to Miracle 89.1 FM lately and Christian music has come a long way lately. Check it out...
Old 09-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I have to wonder just what David Gilmour really knows about the history of the time before time. Rhertz while you are grooving to the music check out these lyrics and try to read between the lines.

David Gilmour - High Hopes Lyrics

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begun

Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway
Do they still meet there by the Cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The life was brighter
With friends surrounded
The nights were wilder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by force of some inner tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfurled
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times

The grass was greener
The life was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist growing
The water flowing
The endless river
Forever and ever
Great day for Freedom is a good song too !
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #7
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Isaac, I once saw a reporter(on TV or something) ask David Gilmour what his favorite PinkFloyd song was-He replied:"I love to play HighHopes, because it is very personal". He didn't comment any farther and I always wondered what he meant by that.....? Maybe the word "play" was significant? maybe not-
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

I dunno, I always like the lyrics in Welcome to the Machine and Wish you were Here. but Dark Side is my favorite LP. One of the first recordings I experienced in stereo or hifi....
Old 09-04-2007, 02:58 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Isaac, I once saw a reporter(on TV or something) ask David Gilmour what his favorite PinkFloyd song was-He replied:"I love to play HighHopes, because it is very personal". He didn't comment any farther and I always wondered what he meant by that.....? Maybe the word "play" was significant? maybe not-
Maybe Gilmour has been enlightened and does not want to talk of it in a public venue. That song High Hopes sure does hit on some major things. The grass was greener and it will be again right after the harvest
Old 09-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #10
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
No doubt Gilmour is a wise old soul, it's obvious in his music. His talent is truly a gift from GOD -I know when I'm stressed out or angry, I NEED my Floyd!
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:07 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Gilmour knows about the time before time as we know it. That is why he will not talk about the lyrics of this song. People might think he is crazy like Isaac.