Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Politics

Notices

Old 12-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #16
Kherty

Rep Power: 0 Kherty will become famous soon enough Kherty will become famous soon enough
Converted me

I was a hard core neocon republican who voted Bush all the way....

Never thought I would be converted to the Ron Paul ranks but when you really study the issues, you will be surprised how much sense the platform really makes. Maybe it was all the econ classes I took in school?

Also, I'm not a fringe lunatic as I work for a Fortune 500 company here in Shreveport as a marketing analyst. I'm a degreed working parent of two!
Kherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:10 PM   #17
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kherty View Post

Never thought I would be converted to the Ron Paul ranks but when you really study the issues, you will be surprised how much sense the platform really makes. Maybe it was all the econ classes I took in school?

Also, I'm not a fringe lunatic as I work for a Fortune 500 company here in Shreveport as a marketing analyst. I'm a degreed working parent of two!
Always glad to hear from another Ron Paul supporter out there .

Let me go ahead and guess what some of the other replies to this post might be

"working for a fortune 500 company doesn't exempt you from being 'lunatic fringe' and being Educated doesn't exempt you from being ignorant."

LOL and although that may be true. On this topic, we are in agreement.

And welcome to Shreveport.com !
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #18
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:

Listen Bud... working for a fortune 500 company doesn't exempt you from being 'lunatic fringe' and being Educated doesn't exempt you from being ignorant.

Oh... heh heh... hi latenight.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:54 AM   #19
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:

When you use such catch phrases as "neocon republican" you do sound like a fringe lunatic I voted for Bush and do not consider myself a neocon or a Libertarian RP has some good ideas when it comes to taxes and other things pertaining to the economy but he looks like a dork ! I have yet to decide on who I will vote for other than it will not be a democRAT !! I could see how RP supporters would scare off someone that might be considering RP
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:50 PM   #20
Kherty

Rep Power: 0 Kherty will become famous soon enough Kherty will become famous soon enough
Well if you are scared of change, then perhaps you should vote with the rest of the "sheeple" and choose Romney or why not Hillary?
Kherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #21
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Quote:
Well if you are scared of change, then perhaps you should vote with the rest of the "sheeple" and choose Romney or why not Hillary?
Is that AL???
Old 12-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #22
deepa@naturalsearch.co.in

Rep Power: 0 deepa@naturalsearch.co.in will become famous soon enough deepa@naturalsearch.co.in will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Living in the Modern World: 20 Questions Without Answers

When walking down the street, entering a house, picking up a book or even just surfing through the web using your laptop or your personal computer, there are so many things we do without even thinking of them. In this article, I have pointed some of the funniest and oddest human behaviour that even you do.

1) Why does the glue in a tube not stick to the tube itself?

2 ) Academic research has detailed reports stating that from a group of four men or women one will most certainly have a mental ailment of some kind or the other. Think about this calculation: if you have three normal friends, then you, unfortunately are the fourth one out. In other words, the fourth person with a mental illness is none other than you.

3) Why do we press down hard on the remote control even though we know that the batteries are weak.

4) Watched old (and even newer descriptions in film) about Tarzan. If he is supposed to be living in the wild, what happened to his beard?

5) How is it that no matter how tight you close the shutters of light bulbs, flies or other insects manage to get inside?

6) Why can't we ever manage to open a plastic bag on the first attempt?

7) Why do doctors use sterilized injections on death-role inmates?

8) Why do the banks charge extra if you withdraw more money than is present from your bank account? Don't they realize that there's no money in the account?

9) Why doesn't anyone ever make fun of their father-in-law?

10) If people run into a sign near a park bench saying that the paint is wet, every one will touch it to check. If this is so, why don't these same folk verify the star count of around four billion stars so stated according to various scientists?

11) Why do we return to the refrigerator and gaze in when we know that there's nothing interesting to eat inside?
http://www.biodiesel-in-power.com/ The Latest on Biodiesel Power& All Things Green, Instant Access.</a> - Uses biodiesel in its snowcats, so why not Vail? Last year, Vail Resorts said it would buy wind power credits to offset all of its electricity use. This year, Vail Resorts said it would serve hormone-free meats and organic dairy products.<br>
deepa@naturalsearch.co.in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:09 PM   #23
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepa@naturalsearch.co.in View Post
When walking down the street, entering a house, picking up a book or even just surfing through the web using your laptop or your personal computer, there are so many things we do without even thinking of them. In this article, I have pointed some of the funniest and oddest human behaviour that even you do.

1) Why does the glue in a tube not stick to the tube itself?

2 ) Academic research has detailed reports stating that from a group of four men or women one will most certainly have a mental ailment of some kind or the other. Think about this calculation: if you have three normal friends, then you, unfortunately are the fourth one out. In other words, the fourth person with a mental illness is none other than you.

3) Why do we press down hard on the remote control even though we know that the batteries are weak.

4) Watched old (and even newer descriptions in film) about Tarzan. If he is supposed to be living in the wild, what happened to his beard?

5) How is it that no matter how tight you close the shutters of light bulbs, flies or other insects manage to get inside?

6) Why can't we ever manage to open a plastic bag on the first attempt?

7) Why do doctors use sterilized injections on death-role inmates?

8) Why do the banks charge extra if you withdraw more money than is present from your bank account? Don't they realize that there's no money in the account?

10) If people run into a sign near a park bench saying that the paint is wet, every one will touch it to check. If this is so, why don't these same folk verify the star count of around four billion stars so stated according to various scientists?

11) Why do we return to the refrigerator and gaze in when we know that there's nothing interesting to eat inside?
Answers to the above, courtesy of AL.

1.The manufactorer designed it that way
2.Almost everyone has some type of "mental illness"
3.We get upset with the remote when it does not follow our commands
4.Tarzan could have Amer-Indian or Amer-Asian genetics
5.Insects are very small
6.I open plastic bags on the first attempt all the time with my foldin knife
7.It is for the safety of the medical professional, not the condemned
8.Banks are businesses and as such charge for their services
9.Because their father-in-laws can kick their asses
10.Nobody I know can count that high
11.Two reasons: a.force o' habit b.We keep hopin we've over-looked somethin

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 12-25-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:54 PM   #24
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute

Who says we don't?

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:00 AM   #25
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I would never

Name:  Walter.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  99.8 KB
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #26
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I would never
LOL, good one Isaac! I really like "the odd couple" and the grumpy old men series is a favorite of mine......

On a more serious note, I do believe "the internet" is the future of communications. One day, "the first Internet President" will be elected, just as "the first TV President" (or series of Presidents) was elected. Truman through Nixon were the first chief executives to grapple with TV and soon the first series of Presidents will be elected based on the Internet persona rather than TV, radio, or newspaper... This much is for certain.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote