Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
God Bless America?

You've got to be kidding! I know he doesn't have a chance, but how in the hell did he get this far?

I had heard about this but a picture is definitely worth 1000 words! God save us!!!

Respect
Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin stand during the national anthem.
Barack Hussein Obama's photo (that's his real name)......the article said he REFUSED TO NOT ONL Y PUT HIS HAND ON HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE.....how in the world can a man like this expect to be our next Commander-in-Chief????

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1193801743.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1734  

purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:19 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Barack Hussein Obama's is the far lefts poster child. I think he may be there to make Clinton look better. He is doing a good job of that. Funny how nobody will post to something like this. This passive attitude is hurting America.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I've never seen the likes of this! Are you sure this photo is real? Since when does an American especially a presidential candidate not recite the pledge nor place his hand over his heart?? I want my president to pledge, salute, pray and behave accordingly as a citizen of the USA!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Are you sure this photo is real?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

There ya have it
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:12 AM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Who cares? Nobody follows the flag code, anyway. How many do you see out in the rain? Or up at night with no spotlight?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
Who cares? Nobody follows the flag code, anyway. How many do you see out in the rain? Or up at night with no spotlight?
Joe I could see you not caring about this but there are many old fashion people that do like ME ! Take a look at the map and you will see just how many do care.

Name:	11-09_Election-StateMap.png
Views:	9
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1735
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
What does that map have to do with the flag code? A truck with a tattered flag on it is much more likely to have a Bush sticker on it than a Kerry sticker.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
What does that map have to do with the flag code? A truck with a tattered flag on it is much more likely to have a Bush sticker on it than a Kerry sticker.
Neither the map or Kerry have anything to do with how people vote. You may want to go back and read the post It was not about the flag code that you posted about but about a presidential contender that does not think he needs to acknowledge the flag. His choice. Americas choice on how they will vote.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:21 PM   #9
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

I thought the problem was he didn't do the proper ritual, not that he didn't "acknowledge the flag."

>Neither the map or Kerry have anything to do with how people vote.

Is that map not of the electoral votes in the 2004 election?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:30 PM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
I thought the problem was he didn't do the proper ritual, not that he didn't "acknowledge the flag."

>Neither the map or Kerry have anything to do with how people vote.

Is that map not of the electoral votes in the 2004 election?
Yes it is pole. You may not can see it but there are 4 to 1 red states being conservative Christian and yes I know about the electoral college.
Obama needs to carry his butt back to the sand box. Would you vote for him if he gets the nomination ?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:44 PM   #11
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Where does it indicate which states on the map were "conservative Christian?"

Also, why not use a more current map like the one from the 2006 Senate races?

Or if you're going to stick to Presidential elections, why not do one by population rather than land area? People vote, not land.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Where does it indicate which states on the map were "conservative Christian?"

Also, why not use a more current map like the one from the 2006 Senate races?

Or if you're going to stick to Presidential elections, why not do one by population rather than land area? People vote, not land.

Joe I did not know you could upload a graphic You did not say if you would vote for him or not ??? Oh this is not a senate race Try again Joe and this time know that we are talking about the Presidents race That twisted map you posted does not look like a Presidential map that I have ever seen. The blue states are the very reason we need better border control.

Name:	Electoral_map_2_-_2004_US_election.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1738
FYI this would be the 2004 election map.
Name:  FullMetalJacket5.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  19.6 KB
FYI this would be joepole
Old 10-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I care and so do many others! It appears to me to be some sort of act of defiance when every other candidate is pledging his allegiance! This will most likely cost him some supporters and for that I am glad.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:52 PM   #14
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

I would never vote for Obama (unless maybe the only other choice was Hilary).

Defiance is usually a good thing. Our current President is the master of it.

>That twisted map you posted does not look like a Presidential map that I have ever seen.

That's because it show votes by people, not land mass. Montana on your map is about the same size as California, yet California has about 40 times as many people. It's shown over three times the size of LA even though we have over 4 times as many people. What possible significance does the land area underneath voters matter? On my map each state is given a physical size proportional to its population, giving a more accurate representation of how the country voted that year.

I voted for Bush, but it really annoys me when people act as if a slim majority is somehow an overwhelming mandate from the citizenry. He barely squeaked by. Still, he did better than he did in 2000, at least in 2004 he won the popular vote.

You still didn't tell me which part of the map shows the number of "conservative Christians." It's certainly not the red parts.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
I would never vote for Obama (unless maybe the only other choice was Hilary).

Defiance is usually a good thing. Our current President is the master of it.

>That twisted map you posted does not look like a Presidential map that I have ever seen.

That's because it show votes by people, not land mass. Montana on your map is about the same size as California, yet California has about 40 times as many people. It's shown over three times the size of LA even though we have over 4 times as many people. What possible significance does the land area underneath voters matter? On my map each state is given a physical size proportional to its population, giving a more accurate representation of how the country voted that year.

I voted for Bush, but it really annoys me when people act as if a slim majority is somehow an overwhelming mandate from the citizenry. He barely squeaked by. Still, he did better than he did in 2000, at least in 2004 he won the popular vote.

You still didn't tell me which part of the map shows the number of "conservative Christians." It's certainly not the red parts.
"Your map" looks like a liberal are exhibit. You might want to look at the agenda of the left and then the right and you will see why the GOP is under attack for being Christian. So you would vote for Obama and you think Al Gore would have made a better President your credibility is going down hill pole. Your funky maps and anti Christian way of thinking leaves you in the minority. Do you have any flicks of Hillary