Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > World News

Notices

Old 05-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Kindergartner OK After Snake Bite

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/1...0415&qs=1;bp=t

Here you go Belle and she wasn't scared.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Piemaker I'm gonna develop agoraphobia after your morbid and scary posts today!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Piemaker I'm gonna develop agoraphobia after your morbid and scary posts today!
Pokie are you having fear of experiencing a difficult or embarrassing situation from which the you cannot escape. How embarrassing
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 262 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Yeah, some of the posts added today were downright depressing. I tried to add some humor to lighten the mood.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
See? I told y'all snakes were dangerous.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
See? I told y'all snakes were dangerous.
Not all snakes are dangerous but yours might be joe
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
When the littlest Belle was about 4 years old, he was bitten by a copperhead at our pond. Scary thing was he didn't know he had been bitten and we didn't know until the next morning when his foot was very, very swollen. Even then it was first thought to be a spider bite because you could only spot one puncture wound. On day two of the event it began spontaneously bleeding from the wound, and on day three there began to be a little tissue break down around the wound. As the swelling went down you could see very clearly the second puncture wound and that it was actually a snake bite. The only other symptom he had was that he just didn't "feel well". He almost acted as though he had the flu and we treated him as such. My husband during this same week treated a man who just as fate would have it lived up the road from us. He too was bitten by a copperhead and didn't know it. He developed the same problem with bleeding but his was more significant and required medical intervention.

We pieced together what happened to our son. My husband and he had been fishing and young belle was wearing rubber rain boots. The snake must have been at the waters edge and tapped him through the boots but just barely.

This story is how I have developed my deep fear of snakes. They can bite you and you don't even know it!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #8
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Belle, I can relate. Several years ago when my brother was younger, he was at my next door neighbors house. Their front pourch was off the ground. Their son crawled under first, then my brother. There was a copperhead nested under there. When the first child went under, he disturb the snake. When my brother went behind him the snake bit him in the wrist.My brother didn't come straight and tell me, he sat on the swing and watched his arm swell. When he finally told me I took him to the hosiptal. They needed the snake so I went back and it was still laying where it bit my brother. We killed it, put it in a coffee can and took it back to the hosiptal. The doctor took the can to the lab and told the girl to weigh and measure it, but didn't tell her what was in the can. When she pop the can open you could hear her scream. Anyway that night my brother was in the tub when the poison hit his system. Boy did he get sick and the smell of the poison was unlike anything I've ever smelled.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:08 PM   #9
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Pokie are you having fear of experiencing a difficult or embarrassing situation from which the you cannot escape. How embarrassing
Yes I could be mauled by squirrels, racoons, brown widows, snakes, garbage trucks or rhertz and joepole! It does seem that staying indoors is a most tempting option!
Glad you are using that dictionary too Isaac...it comes in handy at times!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:51 AM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Yes I could be mauled by squirrels, racoons, brown widows, snakes, garbage trucks or rhertz and joepole! It does seem that staying indoors is a most tempting option!
Glad you are using that dictionary too Isaac...it comes in handy at times!
Keep him in line Pokie!

Old 05-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #11
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 229 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
Tbelle, you must have been snakebitten to be home postin' at 12:51am on Friday..... are you OK?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #12
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Tbelle, you must have been snakebitten to be home postin' at 12:51am on Friday..... are you OK?
I couldn't sleep without you!!!!!!!!

No, not that! I was getting things ready for a Baby Shower!